Gas & Electricity

Anyone on here who’s genuinely struggling by that I mean sitting in the dark not putting there heating on or have no credit in there pre payment meters I’d quite happily help to top you up, or a few of us who can afford it throw a couple of quid in the kitty to help fellow blues
Who are really struggling at the moment

Not lying, had no TV, lights, sockets, heating on & my smart metre during boiling moved 45p

True or not people need to be worried these cnts are taking the piss

All my lights are off now, candles, TV, fridge & Internet only on

All internal doors shut to try keep heat in & Christmas l8ghts only 6-8pm

Do another reading after 47 days & see whether trying hard not to use the heating & dave on lights what it actually costs

Just got a feeling no matter how hard you try & save the supliers will still charge you
A smart meter AFAIK doesn't instantaneously update. It may have been reacting to the last half hours' usage or so. A kwh of electricity is approx 35p, so that's the equivalent of a 1000w kettle being on for nearly a whole 90 mins by your reckoning. Also when does the daily standing charge appear on the meter, it may have coincided with that showing.

I don't mind paying monthly and the energy company sitting with my money.

What pisses me off though is why does it take octopus 3 days to credit my account after the direct debit has been taken (rhetoric question).
Does it really matter that it takes 3 days to credit your account, it's not as if they are charging you interest

Does it really matter that it takes 3 days to credit your account, it's not as if they are charging you interest
It doesn't, but the fact they bang on about how hard done to they are, they can invest the money on a rolling basis earning shit loads at our expense.

Got an early Christmas present a double electric throw. Costs 4-5p a hour will save me from using my heating. Was putting heating on for 4 hours in evening and still my flat only just got to 17 degrees and lost all the heat in a hour or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.