General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
Sunak showed what he is though

A slimy midget

He got stung when Starmer outed him as betting on the economy years back, robbing us basically

Starmer like most labour leaders plays fair, they would be better being dirty. The Tories will do anything and say anything to remain in power

Labour like most working class Brit’s believe in fair play, it does not exist. That myth was created by the rich

Starmer would be better saying things like Sunak is a liar, detailing his wife’s company links in Russia, his covid fine, his plan to fuck off to America etc

Get dirty and beat the **** up
I genuinely don't think you need to 'play dirty' to show them to be honest.

Sticking to the facts and the power of suggestion into the relevant misdemeanors should be providing them with an absolute landslide in these.

Annoyingly Raynor would make absolute mincemeat out of the tories in the debates............

Sunak showed what he is though

A slimy midget

He got stung when Starmer outed him as betting on the economy years back, robbing us basically

Starmer like most labour leaders plays fair, they would be better being dirty. The Tories will do anything and say anything to remain in power

Labour like most working class Brit’s believe in fair play, it does not exist. That myth was created by the rich

Starmer would be better saying things like Sunak is a liar, detailing his wife’s company links in Russia, his covid fine, his plan to fuck off to America etc

Get dirty and beat the **** up
His eyes darted all over when Starmer called him out on that, he was squirming the little fucking weasel.

So true. They fell foul of the ultimate bullshitter that is Boris Johnson. But that year he emerged was all wrong, globally. No coincidence that Trump, Farage and Johnson were all a thing all at once in 2016. They hung their hat on that shit, put a manifesto out on it and shock, it turned to immediate shit because actually doing stuff instead of just talking about it is different, not least when everything they all said was just based on hate and nothing progressive. Since then they fell into a bucket of shit and we had to suffer a gang of idiots.

That's why I don't understand why they bother with these debates.

We can actually check whether the controlling party is going to do what they say by looking at the last 5 years (14 if we look at the full time in charge). That alone should be disqualification from running.

Noticeable that the BBC were pushing quite hard that the £2k is a partisan number, based on figures provided by spads to the Treasury. They also pointed out every prediction had public sector working worse than private sector.

Claire Coutinho claiming that the Treasury calculations were done by reputable people is deliberate misdirection - they can only work on the data they're asked to look at, and if that's skewed then so will the outcome be.

i walked in work this morning - 15 minutes ago - young lad about 21 said to me did you watch the debate. I did - i said i was on a forum while it was on and i was one of only 2/3 people from 8/9 who thought that Sunak was better. I said what did you honestly think. This lad is probably not going to vote by the way but his exact words - Starmer was terrible.

I juts asked him if you had to score it each out of ten

He said 4-6 Sunak.

Interesting.

Feels like there needs to be a more radical approach to dramatically improve the fortunes of the county and neither of the two main parties are currently inspiring.

Agreed. Electoral reform, media and vlop reform, educational reform that depoliticises education, a meaningful economic and industrial strategy, a serious conversation and plan around health and social care needs. So, not too much to do, just requires a bit of adept leadership!!!
In the meantime remove the current failed government and put it in the hands of people who will at least be less malevolent towards large swathes of the population. You never know they might even surprise us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.