General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
At this point you try to ensure that you don’t lose, especially coming from a lowly position and then driving past your opposition.

The change will happen if they get there, or we’ll be left with more of the same.

I hope so, mate. I have faith that even an improvement in the general levels of competence will push us in the right direction regardless of policy. I’m sure Labour have many more compassionate MPs as well who will no doubt do a great job.

It’d be nice to see some really striking policy commitments when the manifesto comes out.

The civil service told ministers 2 days ago that the 2k figure was not calculated by them. Why didn't Starmer call Sunak a liar last night?

i walked in work this morning - 15 minutes ago - young lad about 21 said to me did you watch the debate. I did - i said i was on a forum while it was on and i was one of only 2/3 people from 8/9 who thought that Sunak was better. I said what did you honestly think. This lad is probably not going to vote by the way but his exact words - Starmer was terrible.

I juts asked him if you had to score it each out of ten

He said 4-6 Sunak.

Interesting.
It is interesting. Suggests to me that neither candidate is inspirational enough to encourage someone to exercise their franchise when it is that person’s first ever opportunity. No winners there.

I have no idea who Savanta are, but Sky are reporting a poll which had Starmer coming out on top 44-39.

Which really just shows that there are polls, damned polls and politics.

Well, Starmer was predictably useless against Sunak. It was like a depressing 0-1 defeat at home. Uninspired but massively smug and complacent. So typical of Starmer. Is he really the best we can do? Whatever people think of Blair he was nimble on his feet and smart in debate as well as having charisma. Starmee has none of those qualities. The man's a complete liability.

Exactly this

Say it in stage, the presenter would have had to ask why and Starmer could then explain

Being nice all the time will not win you an election

It’s a bit like a thieves’ code sort of situation with lying in politics. Once one person starts accusing the other of lying then it becomes open season for everybody to accuse everybody and before you know it you don’t know who’s actually lying and who’s lying about lying and things descend into farce.

This is the reason it’s not allowed in Westminster. Wouldn’t surprise me if there was an informal agreement that this debate was under “Westminster rules”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.