General Election - 4th July 2024

Who will you be voting for in the General Election?

• Labour

Votes: 266 56.8%
  • Conservative

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Liberal Democrat

Votes: 40 8.5%
  • Reform

Votes: 71 15.2%
  • Green Party

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 51 10.9%

• Total voters
The thing is, Starmer now has this letter from HMT in the public domain and so he can now call Sunak out for lying in the second debate and everyone will know that Sunak WAS lying so he will struggle to weasel out of it.

People will remember that a few days before the election and this first debate will be long forgotten about. I expect Sunak is in a real pickle now as to how he handles it as he lied to the public on TV last night. Perhaps Starmer knew this would come out today so kept his powder dry as it seemed odd he didn't shut it down as quickly as he could have.

Tories went from 33/1 to 50/1 to win the next Election after the debate. This is double the price of any of the big Two political parties ever to run for office. Staggering

1000038745.jpg

The thing is, Starmer now has this letter from HMT in the public domain and so he can now call Sunak out for lying in the second debate and everyone will know that Sunak WAS lying so he will struggle to weasel out of it.

People will remember that a few days before the election and this first debate will be long forgotten about. I expect Sunak is in a real pickle now as to how he handles it as he lied to the public on TV last night. Perhaps Starmer knew this would come out today so kept his powder dry as it seemed odd he didn't shut it down as quickly as he could have.

You'd hope that any half-decent moderator would pull Sunak up on it the first time it's mentioned now.

Starmer was poor in his response, but over the coming days, hopefully it will become the story of the debate, as it's so dodgy that the TV companies will love a bit of "who's lying?" commentary.

That’s a fair point. If Starmer had firmly shut it down the first time Sunak said it, nobody would be talking about it. As it is Sunak must have mentioned it 30 times before Starmer said it was garbage and everyone will now know Sunak was basically lying.

Not sure if I’m giving Starmer too much credit here but it could be seen as Starmer taking a tactical defeat in a small battle to give him strategic advantage in the overall war.

i walked in work this morning - 15 minutes ago - young lad about 21 said to me did you watch the debate. I did - i said i was on a forum while it was on and i was one of only 2/3 people from 8/9 who thought that Sunak was better. I said what did you honestly think. This lad is probably not going to vote by the way but his exact words - Starmer was terrible.

I juts asked him if you had to score it each out of ten

He said 4-6 Sunak.

Interesting.
Are you going to build a man with all these straws you keep clutching at?

Well, Starmer was predictably useless against Sunak. It was like a depressing 0-1 defeat at home. Uninspired but massively smug and complacent. So typical of Starmer. Is he really the best we can do? Whatever people think of Blair he was nimble on his feet and smart in debate as well as having charisma. Starmee has none of those qualities. The man's a complete liability.
He was caked up in make-up as well last night.

Looked like Widow Twankey.

Well, Starmer was predictably useless against Sunak. It was like a depressing 0-1 defeat at home. Uninspired but massively smug and complacent. So typical of Starmer. Is he really the best we can do? Whatever people think of Blair he was nimble on his feet and smart in debate as well as having charisma. Starmee has none of those qualities. The man's a complete liability.
And, what about Shitty Sunhat, is he a liability?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.