General / Mental Health Support Thread

Mrs has just been diagnosed with Fibro, they have changed their mind from RA. Trying to get them to do an MRI now to rule out MS. Taking bloody ages to make any progress.
My Mrs has had all sort of ailments after she caught Covid, cut a long story short she developed fibromyalgia had a brain scan 18 months ago and yesterday finally her appointment came through to see the consultant who ruled out ms which was a huge relief and confirmed the fibro was due to Covid and they have seen 30k plus patients since Xmas with the same conditions. Covid has a lot to answer for.

Oh and when we was sat in the outpatient department it was empty. NHS how did this happen

My Mrs has had all sort of ailments after she caught Covid, cut a long story short she developed fibromyalgia had a brain scan 18 months ago and yesterday finally her appointment came through to see the consultant who ruled out ms which was a huge relief and confirmed the fibro was due to Covid and they have seen 30k plus patients since Xmas with the same conditions. Covid has a lot to answer for.

Thanks for the info never even considered the possibility of COVID causing it, but she already had an autoimmune condition before 2020 tbf.

I'm going back to work on Monday and I'm shitting it a bit.

Work are being incredibly supportive. I'm going back part-time for the first couple of months, with reduced responsibilities. I'm so so lucky in that regard.

But still nervous. Only the managers know about my health problems and I'm worrying a bit about facing everyone else. So much has happened.

Work are being incredibly supportive. I'm going back part-time for the first couple of months, with reduced responsibilities. I'm so so lucky in that regard.

But still nervous. Only the managers know about my health problems and I'm worrying a bit about facing everyone else. So much has happened.
Good luck with it mate, I'm sure it'll be fine. Mate I've been supporting returned this week after weeks off with stress/anxiety. Only myself and his boss aware of why he was off. I was there onsite ready to meet him. His boss decided to work from home that day

Good luck with it mate, I'm sure it'll be fine. Mate I've been supporting returned this week after weeks off with stress/anxiety. Only myself and his boss aware of why he was off. I was there onsite ready to meet him. His boss decided to work from home that day
I'm glad you were there for him! That's one of those scenarios where the boss surely needs to be in if at all possible.

I had a very distant relationship with my colleagues at the court but I approached them in ones and twos to tell them why I was off for six weeks. All very supportive.

It’s entirely your decision though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.