General / Mental Health Support Thread

10,000 steps a day minimum here. I’m not too bothered about the slight tummy but I feel mentally strong.
What's your strategy for getting the steps in?

I have a very sedentary job and know I need to get moving more.

Fuck the long Covid thread off...it just attracts the flat Earther types. I'll whinge about it here :)
2 and a half years now. This morning I literally dragged myself out of bed around 9am, went downstairs for a cuppa and then crashed on the couch feeling worse than ever until around 3pm. I had the Long COVID clinic yesterday....They want me to accept it and learn to live with it! I have to keep a diary of what i do and how i feel.
I feel shit Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thur....
One thing that worries me about all that...do I have to write down every time i have a wank? I didn't ask them about that.
Has nobody suggested you just pull yourself together and crack on?...

Cycling since the start of lockdown when I retired has been brilliant for my mental health... Two hours a few times a week when I'm not looking at my phone, getting fitter and out in nature...

I've just joined my local golf club too and it's hilly so thats also great for keeping the timber off
During the first lockdown, a mate and I went cycling down the canals around Manchester. Down the Bridgwater to Altrincham and then across to the airport and Styal.
I also caught the train up to Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire and rode back down the canal to Manchester. Never thought i could do it at 55 but...i can't now! The bike's locked away in the shed, doing nothing now.

During the first lockdown, a mate and I went cycling down the canals around Manchester. Down the Bridgwater to Altrincham and then across to the airport and Styal.
I also caught the train up to Hebden Bridge in Yorkshire and rode back down the canal to Manchester. Never thought i could do it at 55 but...i can't now! The bike's locked away in the shed, doing nothing now.
I retired at 56, i'm 60 now and despite my age i've never felt fitter

I retired at 56, i'm 60 now and despite my age i've never felt fitter
I was fortunate to retire at 52..I’m never going to beat biology but I feel fitter than ever-

I was ill a few weeks ago and my mental health suffered because I couldn’t exercise-it’s a huge part of my life now; walking, biking, weights and the biggest addiction my concept 2 rower-best thing I’ve ever bought.

I actually did 75 hard last year and found it incredibly life affirming. If people have the time I recommend it, it’s a life changing journey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.