General / Mental Health Support Thread

I'm sadly on the blunt end of trying to get treatment on the NHS. I've been here before, experienced the frustration and wait, but this time I'm in constant pain.

I've torn the lining of my hip and some other stuff, 5 weeks ago, and as I can still physically walk (not far!) and I'm still able to sleep some hours at night, I'm not priority in any way.

Thing is, my referral is going to take 6 months and the required operation another 6, with 9 months recovery- even then i might get rejected by this particular consultant and have to start again!!

I'm in pain, all the time. I've gone from exercising 4 or 5 times a week to zero. I'm angry, frustrated, down, it's fucking mental how I might not even get required treatment for a year. I can't do this for a year. I might financially ruin myself and just do it privately.

How does the UK have a health system like this. How have we allowed it to come to this.
I'm so sorry that you're experiencing this. In my experience the NHS is great in a crisis but lack of resources means that unless your condition is going to kill you, you're going to be waiting a long time for treatment. Which is especially shit if the condition in question causes you a great deal of pain.

It's really frustrating but it might be worth researching the cost of a private consultation. You shouldn't have to, but equally you shouldn't have to spend a year in agony.

Hi. I’m due a Gastroscopy soon and bricking it so I’m going for as much sedation as possible as need to have it done as have melena, but don’t think I can manage it
I had both done recently with no sedation , gas and air for the bottom one and just the numbing throat spray for the top , it completely numbs your throat and i didnt even feel it going in or out , it was real!y easy and quick, if you have someone to drive you home then have the sedation but dont worry about it at all

I had both done recently with no sedation , gas and air for the bottom one and just the numbing throat spray for the top , it completely numbs your throat and i didnt even feel it going in or out , it was real!y easy and quick , if yoy have someone to drive you home then have the sedation but dont worry about it at all
Just spent 6 days in hosp due to melena (Docs seemed convinced it's due to the blood thinning drugs they gave me as a result of a stroke last month). Needed a blood transfusion to raise red blood cells and after a few days monitoring, they were happy to let me out now but returning for the Gastroscopy in a week or two.

Due to disability, will have to arrive and return home on a stretcher, so happy to have sedation. Not sure how much sedation helps though. Got to say, having watched utube to see procedure, bricking it already

Just spent 6 days in hosp due to melena (Docs seemed convinced it's due to the blood thinning drugs they gave me as a result of a stroke last month). Needed a blood transfusion to raise red blood cells and after a few days monitoring, they were happy to let me out now but returning for the Gastroscopy in a week or two.

Due to disability, will have to arrive and return home on a stretcher, so happy to have sedation. Not sure how much sedation helps though. Got to say, having watched utube to see procedure, bricking it already
You poor thing , you are having such a bad time, sending you a hug X . Really dont worry about it , it is not as bad as i expected , you can always ask for the numbing spray as well as sedation i expect but you have been through much worse lately

I noticed there is a free 24 hour helpline for the Manchester area.

I've ordered an exercise bike. I've started hating going outside especially during daylight. I must have some way of losing weight and keeping mentally balanced.
If you aren't getting any exercise or physical exertion it can burden you with a terrifying fear that feels like it could stretch out to a full blown breakdown. I wouldn't wish this feeling on my worst enemy.
I actually had a very expensive exercise bike rotting in my yard for years but it went to scrap a few weeks ago. Typical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.