Gordon McQueen

Met him briefly on a train through to Glasgow, sound guy who had wee chat with us. A shame for his family, especially with that shitty illness.

My late brother had an awful accident - drunk driver hit and run a few weeks before Christmas 1980.
Touch and go for a while but he eventually pulled through - though was never really the same again.
He was in Pendlebury Children's Hospital well into the new year.

Just before that Christmas Joe Jordan & Gordon McQueen paid the annual visit to the hospital as every year (think City did Booth Hall I may be wrong) they both signed pictures for him and gave him assorted branded stuff as well as a signed football from both of them. Unfortunately at that point my brother still was unable to speak and my Mum realised that he was less than impressed just by his mannerisms.
Gordon asked my Mum what was wrong and she told him that we were a family of City fans and that was what was more than likely winding him up.

Gordon added to his signature - Up the Blues all the best Jimmy.
He was proper made up then.
Thinking about my late brother, who died at just 50 today after hearing this sad news. RIP Gordon McQueen.

Bloody awful disease...next door neighbour has it and is in a care home.. devastating for family and friends.
R.I.P Big Fella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.