Guus Hiddink needs a new job.......

Dyed Petya said:
lionheart said:
Like someone said earlier, sign Hiddink and keep Hughes on as his assistant. He can only learn from the master. We can afford the wages I'm sure. Just imagine the quality players (unlike Bentley) we would then be able to attract.

Would Hughes be prepared to accept that, though? I doubt it, personally.

He'd never agree to it in a million years and if Hiddink was apponted above him without his agreement it would be a recipe for disaster and a walking Constructive Dismissal case which is hardly what our owners have been aspiring to.

Now I'm no massive Hughes fan, but let's be realistic here. Despite what we think about Hughes, and despite what we have seen with our own eyes about his ability as a manager (good and bad) he isn't going to be sacked mid-season unless we slip into the bottom half and are cut adrift from the Top 6.

Hiddink excites me and he would undoutedly do a great job but to sack Hughes now would be a PR disaster of a catastrophic scale. If you think we've got stick from the media up to this point, wait until we sack a young British manager when we are positioned well in the league and in the quarter finals of the League Cup. It will go off the scale and might actually have a very de-stabling effect on the club as a whole. Furthermore, our owners will be well aware of this, they're not daft.

I love to have a moan about Hughes because, hand on heart, I don't think he is the man to take us to the very top. However, I'm still prepared to wait until the end of the season to pass judgement on him, and that judgement will be based on where we finish in the league. Don't get me wrong, I know that by that time Hiddink might be in a new job, we've finished 8th, potless and an opportunity has been missed. I accept that and there is a strong argument for going out and getting one of the best managers in the world NOW. However, on balance, I just can't see it happening. (Devil on Shoulder; "Prove me wrong, prove me wrong, prove me wrong, prove me wrong, prove me wrong....)

mcfcjosh said:
what a bunch of twats! weve lost one game all season, in the quarters of the cup, 6th in the league with a game in hand on a lot of teams. Get a grip

You get a grip!

We've got a complete numpty as a manager and we will NEVER win anything with him at the helm. Get over it.

Chippy_boy said:
mcfcjosh said:
what a bunch of twats! weve lost one game all season, in the quarters of the cup, 6th in the league with a game in hand on a lot of teams. Get a grip

You get a grip!

We've got a complete numpty as a manager and we will NEVER win anything with him at the helm. Get over it.

Who are you? Derek Acorah?

Unlike City fans to jump on someones back and berate them. Now we can also see into the future, no doubt that will help with the berating

Kudos

taxi for hughes! Rally after hull game for his removal?

Fuck me.

Much as I think he would be a great manager for us...

Think he is 62 now and for those wanting a dynasty/continuity, Hiddink is not the man.

There is also the small problem that he agreed before leaving Chelsea that he would retain a technical role upstairs when he was finished with Russia.

Abramovich has paid his wages for many years and would hardly be in a rush to help out the club which is looking to overtake his own.

if i was khaldoon i would find out if hiddink is interested. if he is tell him the job is his at the end of the season, if not sooner. assess where we are at christmas and if hughes is still bumbling along with this garbage 442 and defenders hoofing the ball long then fire him. if not give him til the end of the season, then fire him.

lionheart said:
Like someone said earlier, sign Hiddink and keep Hughes on as his assistant. He can only learn from the master. We can afford the wages I'm sure. Just imagine the quality players (unlike Bentley) we would then be able to attract.

wtf_is_this_shit2.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.