Harry Kane

I agree, but he'd get regular games and possibly be as popular as Kane within a season.
Better than being a bench warmer at City waiting for Kane to get injured.
We play what 60+ games a season, Gabby will get to play plenty of games, I don’t understand where this he will be on the bench comes from.

Do you even understand that other teams are also investing? And results from the past doesn't give you any kind of assurances. Tactics also needs constantly involvements. Just because we did it last season for the first time, and did well on it, still doesn't give you any kind of guaranties it will work again.
Right, okay, as long as you understand that it wouldn't just be Jesus up front on his own for all of the season.

Gabby
Torres
Sterling
A plethora of false 9's

The tactical choices are quite staggering.

That is an unpopular opinion on here!
We're lucky to have owners who don't have to run the club on debt.

The majority of clubs are running on debt. They wouldn't exist without incurring debt. The fact that City don't have to manage debt doesn't mean that other clubs can't.

Spurs knew exactly what they were getting into when they invested in the ground. It's a long term arrangement and that will have been covered in great detail. The only 'unknown/unexpected' factor was covid, and that has impacted on every club.

As much as many on here would like to think otherwise, I am quite sure that Spurs will not be overly concerned by the existing level of debt.

No way any City first teamer would contemplate going to Spurs. Ake may be the only one because he's barely played but 100% no one else is going there. And it only makes sense accounting wise if they are 2 seperate deals. You put the full price of the sale on your ffp spreadsheet but the amortised price of the incoming.

So selling £60m of talent and bringing in Grealish for £100m doesn't quite tell the whole story unless we are short of cash and we need to pay upfront for everyone.

In terms of players leaving I'm pretty chill like Pep. Bring in the right offer and go with our best wishes.

Kane is definitely not committing his future to the club. He's making it personal between him and Levy

Anyone still buzzing about signing Jack? The look on the lads face when he saw the no 10 was fantastic. That’s the type of player we need. We might need to start looking for Kane alternatives. Someone of a lesser stature maybe? Or maybe convert Ferran?

We play what 60+ games a season, Gabby will get to play plenty of games, I don’t understand where this he will be on the bench comes from.
He's probably already fallen behind Torres as a striker, and I would expect Delap to be in Pep's plans for Carabao / early round FA Cup matches.
He has little to no chance of getting many games i(n what I see as his best position) on the left of attack being light years behind Foden, Sterling and Grealish.
If Jesus is happy with that, he's not the pro I thought he was. Regular football would do his career a world of good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.