Harry Kane

I agree if the predictions don't come to pass you shouldn't take it personally.

Each game day we ask people to predict the line up and the result and it often doesn't come to pass.

I thought we would scrap a point against Spurs but banning me and others for our false optimism would be a bit rich.

True, but I really don't think it was a prediction, a cryptic message or anything like that. From a poster that has never pretended to pretend to be itk. It was either a comment on what seemed to end as a juicy day on the thread, a reaction to spurs' loss, just hopeful thinking, or maybe expectation to tolmie's earlier punt that something would have happened yesterday. Who knows. Hardly worth getting upset about.

I fucking hope it IS a good day.

Okay, I held off long enough. I'm going to go ahead and say it:

I don't want Harry Kane. There! I said it.

Something about this isn't right. And I think we'd suffer if this transfer goes through. Wearher the storm Txiki. Don't get got by that snake oil seller at Totunham.

Also while there is no basis for this other than an internal hunch, I'm sensing Kane is a lemon.

It will be like Sanchez going to United or Torres going to Chelsea. A player who is about done but know one can tell yet.

Just a bunch though... Either way, I'm all out.

1. Coz I want a chance at Haaland no matter how remote.

2. Co I want a younger player.

Both wants negate an overpriced Kane...

Please Pep, tell Txiki to w as lk away. We believe in you. You can do it without Kane.

Rant over. And I fe a lot better...
Sanchez was past his best. That was evident and easy to identify because he was a player who was very reliant on his physicality. Kane is 28. He is at his peak but probably for a limited time so the valuation is extreme.

My sense is that City will compete for the title without him providing Foden, KDB and Grealish stay fit but that Chelsea and Man Utd have improved. With Kane I think we would win everything for 2 seasons at least, and the financial value to City from the additional revenue that would generate makes the transfer justifiable. In some senses even at £150m we would be stupid no to do it. This is a case of money gets money. If you have £150m then here is an opportunity to earn £300m. Winning 1 Champions League alone is worth £100m plus intangibles. If you value the player in comparison to other players transfer valuations then because of his age he is over-priced.

If City sign Kane then we can become England's largest revenue generating club if United continue to struggle and once you are in that position you control your future.

I think Spurs will sell Kane because they are under financial pressure, and selling Kane for £130m will allow them to rebuild. Keeping him does not make much sense because in 2-3 years time when his game starts to dip they will have big problems and there is likely to be some fallout. However, Levy likes to be the strongman and has shown poor judgement in the past so we cannot be sure he will relent. It would be wise to line up alternatives such as Lacazette should we judge the transfer is unlikely to proceed.

Okay, I held off long enough. I'm going to go ahead and say it:

I don't want Harry Kane. There! I said it.

Something about this isn't right. And I think we'd suffer if this transfer goes through. Wearher the storm Txiki. Don't get got by that snake oil seller at Totunham.

Also while there is no basis for this other than an internal hunch, I'm sensing Kane is a lemon.

It will be like Sanchez going to United or Torres going to Chelsea. A player who is about done but know one can tell yet.

Just a bunch though... Either way, I'm all out.

1. Coz I want a chance at Haaland no matter how remote.

2. Co I want a younger player.

Both wants negate an overpriced Kane...

Please Pep, tell Txiki to w as lk away. We believe in you. You can do it without Kane.

Rant over. And I fe a lot better...
I'm with you. My vote was no at the start, still is no and will remain no.
I get the English presence in camp and building on that to progress for the World Cup too.
Fuck dealing with that club any longer. I hope we do pull out right at the last minute and drop a big news story about another transfer that leaves them in the shit after already spending money on another striker to replace Kane.

120 million was my guess at the start of this transfer window for harry kane. May be that will do it with some millions in add on.

My hobby is football. Sadly some here see their life as making others think they know F all about anything. I get sick of the blowhards "I know what's going on" wankers who clearly have no other life. I have a lucrative career, wife, son... I'm sick of those here taking the piss who clearly know nothing. Quit feeding them.
Your username and posts overnight are polar opposites.

Are you seriously suggesting that somebody should be banned from an internet forum because they think/hope that today will be a good day in the Harry Kane transfer saga?

You’re as bad as the fuckwits claiming that Twitter posts should be banned. I’d much rather read speculation on Twitter or on here than someone whining and trying to get fellow blues banned.

I've made my peace with the move; if the club are adamant on going for Kane it's because Haaland isn't possible. The same reason Chelsea moved for Lukaku when they realised how difficult of a transfer Haaland is.

We all love the possiblity of the wonderkid who's the son of our former captain and, by all accounts, has a strong affinity to the club joining us. But alas it's not to be.

Kane is a huge risk and it'll never be value for money but it is what it is.
Where is the risk in signing Kane? I don't see that. Expensive? Absolutely. I think you might be underestimating the revenue Manchester City earn from winning the Champions League and the Premier League. The Champions League is fraught with chance but with Kane we would have a good chance of winning it and becoming the dominant English club would allow us to control English football. We would be the go to club for the future. We do not want to be surpassed by Man Utd who would be able once again to cherry-pick players.

I would go for him. He is simply the best striker in Europe and it's a no brainer for a club that is cash-rich. It ensures we stay cash-rich.

The media will go crazy if we buy him but it makes football sense to do so. It is what kept Man Utd on top under Ferguson, they simply used their financial power to maintain success from one season to the next. If we want to stay on top of English football, this is what you must do.

My one doubt is that I have doubts about City's defensive midfield and I wonder that we might be vulnerable to counter-attacking sides if this transfer fails.

Well not to sound harsh but Romeo does have a point. I have seen countless older members bullying or harassing members with low post counts either because they think they are the shit or they immediately feel the newcomers are WUMS. We should try to be inclusive and let others freely express their opinions without be taunted or shot down.
That was the same with me when i just joined. Its the same reaction sometimes if i write something that doesn't fit the universal consensus.

So to summarise how we got on yesterday in trying to get this deal resolved.

From my understanding and if reports are correct. Jorge Mendes was supposed to come to City with a suitable deal to propose for Bernardos transfer. It hasn’t happened so City set up a meeting with Mendes (Mendes was alleged to have been meeting City and Bernardo his client yesterday). City said we have come up with a solution for your transfer…Spurs will take you as part of our offer for Kane. Bernardo presumably said I’m not signing for that shower of shite or words to that affect. City now have to come up with a different plan for this deal.

Whichever way this saga goes, Bernardo is a key part of our transfer activity.

So to summarise how we got on yesterday in trying to get this deal resolved.

From my understanding and if reports are correct. Jorge Mendes was supposed to come to City with a suitable deal to propose for Bernardos transfer. It hasn’t happened so City set up a meeting with Mendes (Mendes was alleged to have been meeting City and Bernardo his client yesterday). City said we have come up with a solution for your transfer…Spurs will take you as part of our offer for Kane. Bernardo presumably said I’m not signing for that shower of shite or words to that affect. City now have to come up with a different plan for this deal.

Whichever way this saga goes, Bernardo is a key part of our transfer activity.
I don't think City could have an expectation that Bernardo would go to Spurs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.