Harry Kane

Kane being made look like a right **** by Southgate in my opinion, If you give Harry Kane service he will score goals which he's proved all of his career.

The system Southgate plays isn't made for Harry Kane and that's down to the manager to find the solution. Not only has he done this to Kane but also Phil Foden, Saka ect He hasn't played to the squads strengths and that's been the downfall.

But he also wasn't making the runs or getting into the positions to receive that service. His first touch was also pretty bad which has nothing to do with the system. His link up play is usually an important part of his game and attacks were breaking down when he got the ball.

I mean even a fully fit Harry Kane would struggle with the way the team sets up as there's always a lack of service under Southgate along with how deep they sit out of possession which makes it incredibly tough to get your centre forward into the game.

Then there's the other side of it which what you've just said, They both knew he wasn't fit so why start Kane. Poor management and a selfish player.
I like Kane. He’s had a great career (lack of silverware apart) and should be treated with a bit of respect for that.
This tournament though, it was blatantly obvious from the first game he wasn’t fully fit and the fact he started every game with the exact same result shows a manager not fit for purpose.

Last edited:
Clueless manager with clueless tactics, playing players out of position and not to there strengths is gonna lead to what we saw, Kane, Foden and a few more looked shit because of the manager.
Class is permanent firm is temporary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.