Harry Kane

The Kane story raised Spurs and damaged our own forward play. What was Pep doing not playing a forward against Spurs? It works when you have Foden and KDB but they were out. It was unlikely to work when you don't have midfield runners. Grealish, Mahrez and Sterling got wide a few times but there was no one arriving in the box.
If Kane is ever out we will have to play similar to how we ended up. As annoying as it is now, over the season drilling the players like that seems to work out for the best in the end.

He kept pushing Gundogan, that turned out better than expected, Delph at left back was great etc. Sometimes it does not work out but thats how Pep plays it and i'm cool with that.

You’ve had enough of this shit?
How is it affecting you exactly?
I’ve had enough of my club being held to ransom for a player who or may not improve us. A player who has scored the total of two goals against us in god knows how many games. A player whom Spurs didn’t need today to beat us fair and square. We have more pressing problems in midfield instead of playing Fernandinho, who was very poor today, than paying over the odds for a striker who is not, in my opinion, one of the best around. I do not want City to be taken for a ride, but that is exactly what I’ve been watching for months on end, even though we should have sorted this problem out at the start of last season when it was decided that Agüero was out.
Does that answer your Q?

I’ve had enough of my club being held to ransom for a player who or may not improve us. A player who has scored the total of two goals against us in god knows how many games. A player whom Spurs didn’t need today to beat us fair and square. We have more pressing problems in midfield instead of playing Fernandinho, who was very poor today, than paying over the odds for a striker who is not, in my opinion, one of the best around. I do not want City to be taken for a ride, but that is exactly what I’ve been watching for months on end, even though we should have sorted this problem out at the start of last season when it was decided that Agüero was out.
Does that answer your Q?
Don’t worry, months ago we were told by some posters that this deal was already done...

If you think you’ll get a better player than Jesus who won’t play very often due to Kane you’re gonna be disappointed.
That's Pep-style thinking. It worked out well last season but I think this year will be a lot tougher.

In less than ten years, we've gone from having four strikers rotating successfully, to possibly having to rely on one of the weakest strikers I've seen in 60+ years of watching City.

I've already accepted that Jesus will still be with City this season. He's a good hard-working lad but imo not a striker.
If (when) Kane signs, we'll still need a back-up for him, and I'll be disappointed if we don't have an alternative / someone in addition to Jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.