Harry Kane

Beckham is Beckham, but he was also #10 for a couple of seasons at United. You can compare Beckham and Grealish, they appeal to wider audience and a different set of sponsors, so they need a sexy number like 10 or 7.
Bollocks. Beckham was the number 10 by default when he was a very young player and it had no relevance whatsoever at the time it just happened to be unallocated, got the 7 when sardine features left & before he became a megastar (remember France 98??) And became 23 and kept it throughout the rest of his career when he was a mega star in 2003 at, you've guessed it, 28 years old. Messi is now number 30, the greatest player of all time. This marketability bullshit exists only on this thread, it's a complete and total non-argument! Kane doesn't even have his number attached to any of his social media platforms, there is no Kane 10 brand!! its rubbish!

Bale number as a brand isn’t the same as Kane.

Totti and Maldini are synonymous with one number and one club, same as Kane. Had Maldini left the club, I’d expect he’d have wanted no.3. Same with Kane wanting no.10. It’s quite understandable for the people he employs to worry about such things. Kane 18 isn’t what they want. It’s Kane 10
messi (messi!!!) change number to 30.

who is kane?

I don’t know how you can state ‘of course’ about stuff like this with such certainty - unless you’re ITK of course. Like I said before, you may be right, but it’s not so clear cut for me.
If this info is true, and it may not be, could it be because Kane has now employed a new PR team, and they now want to make a big issue out of it going forwards? If that’s the case, maybe it is true that it didn’t really crop up when his brother was doing all the legwork. Just speculation and guesswork from me that obviously, as is your post.
When player contracts are agreed both salary and commission and a load of other elements will be discussed. So if you are building a brand behind a number that will be mentioned. You don't have to be ITK to expect that would have happened

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.