Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

Seen quite a few of the older, miserable sort across the internet pretending the show was better last night.

Why the fuck would anyone wait around until 22:30 to watch some brief highlights? They're on YouTube about 15 mins after full time.

In fact, why are you staying up until then to watch MOTD any other week if you find the presenters so insufferable?
In fairness, there's lots of people who don't really know what YouTube actually is never mind trying to access it.

I think the tories are doing a great job of destroying it. We'll lose our global voice like we lost our global standing with Brexit.

Small minded Britain deserves small minded TV. Gb news is the future!

I want it to go back to what it was respected, world leader, free from political influence.

There’s obviously a value judgement to make for each case. To me, in this instance, the comparison Lineker is making is very strained and not appropriate. Were the Nazis trying to stop people from outside illegally entering their country? Did they voice concerns for the dangers people were in and by a desire to uphold the law? I don’t think so and Lineker’s comparison is wrong and counterproductive. That won’t be the case in every instance but I believe it is in this one.

That's fair, but we need to remember that it may be different groups persecuted now, or in future, than it was previously.

While our government speaks strongly against migrants, many of who may look middle-eastern, or Eastern European, there are a lot of people legitimately in this country who share those perceived characteristics.

The language used creates division within our society and isn't just about a handful of people in boats. It dehumanises and changes how we treat each other.

Last edited:
There’s obviously a value judgement to make for each case. To me, in this instance, the comparison Lineker is making is very strained and not appropriate. Were the Nazis trying to stop people from outside illegally entering their country? Did they voice concerns for the dangers people were in and by a desire to uphold the law? I don’t think so and Lineker’s comparison is wrong and counterproductive. That won’t be the case in every instance but I believe it is in this one.

Oh, but you realise the government are just trying to appeal to the racists in the country with 'stop the boats', whilst mentioning 'we need to stop the dangers of people trafficking' is just a risible and seethrough attempt to legitimise their aims?

hopefully the tv licence wll be scrap and it stands on its own two feet
Stop paying the license fee, and the whole thing comes down like a pack of cards! The BBC are shitting themselves on this one…
Just been announced that MOTD2 will be scaled back tonight, it’s a complete shitshow with no winners…

He minimised it by comparing the description of some limited measures to stop illegal migration into a country with one of the worst crimes in human history. The two aren’t comparable and to imply they are equivalent is to minimise one and exaggerate the other.

Yes, he said the language in the 1930s, not the actual holocaust, but the implication was clear. After all, the nazis aren’t regarded as one of the most evil regimes in history because of their language in the early part of their reign. It was clear the line of argument he was making was to equate the current actions of the government with those of Nazi germany. That is an absolutely risible comparison that is offensive and beyond contempt.
“Auschwitz was at the end of a long process. We must remember that it did not start from gas chambers.

This hatred gradually developed from ideas, words, stereotypes & prejudice through legal exclusion, dehumanization & escalating violence.”

If your work dries up, the phone don't ring, you're hounded out of your job, your lectures cancelled, you and your supporters charged with made up non-crimes, your books not stocked or displayed, you're slandered constantly on social media, your peers turn against you, venues refuse to take your bookings and your message is constantly misrepresented and labelled hate, then you're right, it's just criticism.

JK Rowlings work hasnt dried up. Her books are wideley still sold, her films still available with their own channel on sky, her works now being made into a series, a game, a mini theme park in London. She has her podcast too.

But sure she's cancelled. We're not going to agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.