Houssem Aouar

I just don't understand how a net expensive signing doesn't leapfrog Foden in the pecking order. And he's already wasted the vast majority of this season playing second fiddle to a declining David and an unspectacular Gundogan.

The numbers could be made up with an academy player similar to Garcia.

Foden's already getting picked ahead of Mahrez and Bernardo in big games, doubt he's gives a fuck about Aouar coming in.

But he's got extra competition on the wings now.

Foden thrives in the middle of the pitch, particularly when the game has opened and there is space for him to use his pace and energy. He’s currently less effective when play is squashed into one-third of the pitch, which is when his touch and vision, not only of the ball but also his teammates, comes under pressure and he makes mistakes. Playing in other parts of the pitch now has helped him appreciate the bigger picture in terms of when and how his teammates need the ball there and how to make defenders uncomfortable in those areas.

You can see what we are planning with all of our signings. With younger players and more energy across the pitch (post Silva/Otamendi/Fernandinho/Aguero), we’ll be able to open the pitch up to its fullest and not have to be so reliant on pushing the opponent back and attacking parked buses. However, that means you need depth of youngsters as it’s going to be demanding. Foden is patient and trusts the management; we should be just as patient and enjoy what will unfold.

would be a dream summer for outgoings mate. Most notably Otamendi and Gundogan.
What a shameful statement to make. I really doubt that you are a true City fan if it would be a dream summer if two City players who have given good service to the club both on and off the field were the leave at the end of the season.
I sometimes wonder what has happened to our fan base since we became rich and successful.
Over the years (40+) an element of the fans have picked on a particular player at every opportunity and it’s part of the club‘s fan base I hate.

What a shameful statement to make. I really doubt that you are a true City fan if it would be a dream summer if two City players who have given good service to the club both on and off the field were the leave at the end of the season.
I sometimes wonder what has happened to our fan base since we became rich and successful.
Over the years (40+) an element of the fans have picked on a particular player at every opportunity and it’s part of the club‘s fan base I hate.

If players aren't good enough for the level the club is at, fans will want them to go. Doesn't matter if it's Division Four or the Champion's League. And, as helpful as Otamendi has been in previous seasons, he clearly isn't good enough for City in 2020. I wish him well wherever he ends up, but I want to see him moved on this summer.

yes, good service, but time to go. I care about one thing and that’s the club. Many here get too attached to players that aren’t legends. Otamendi is a good 2 seasons past his expiration date and Gundogan, don’t get me started.

And I said dream summer for outgoings. We’ve made this mistake too many times, keeping players that are way past it and no longer good enough for too long. They’ve been good servants so what do you purpose? Keep them until their contracts are up? The club isn’t a charity.

Well that's the other way I could see this guy working. If he comes in and we convert him into a sort of hybrid who can play as a holding midfielder then we've effectively got a future Gundogan replacement. But then I don't know if we'll be sat here a couple of years down the line complaining about his lack of defensive prowess.
Purely on numbers if we buy a centre back, Aouar, and a forward then as far as I can see to get to 17 non homegrown 3 have to go, most likely Otamendi and Zinchenko would be 2 either Bernardo or Gundogan would need to be the other.
Edit unless we don’t get another left back and use Ake there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.