Hughes - I AM A BIG NAME [Merged]

Re: HUGHES - I AM A BIG NAME

Mike D said:
As a player you can't argue with him, but as a manager he's done f*ck all

I tend to agree with this. There's plenty of big name players out there, do you want them as a manager just because they are well known?

hmm, wonder why he feels the need to tell everyone that he his a big enough name for the job

DontLookBackInAnger said:
If you have to make a statement that your a big name, you have just proved to the world that your not.

Agreed. Whether its a statement or answer to a question is irrelevant. If you are being asked the question or have to tell people you are then you ain't.

Cambridgeblue said:
Cheesy said:
Cambridgeblue said:
Mark Hughes said:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5262360,00.html
"The turnover of managers here hasn't helped continuity, because they have never had any. Basically, change is expected here. Change for the sake of change."

This ^^^^^

Well, he would say that wouldn't he?

Doesn't stop it being true though![/quote)

Yes it is true, most never achieved anything after they left.

Cheesy said:
Mike D said:
As a player you can't argue with him, but as a manager he's done f*ck all

I tend to agree with this. There's plenty of big name players out there, do you want them as a manager just because they are well known?

Exacly and how many so called big name players go onto make big name managers give me one and I'll give you 20 who were shit. Unfortunatly its the lesser know players who go onto make the grade as top class managers. Here a few examples

Tw*face Charlton
Brian Robson
Gazza
Tony Adams
Paul Ince
John Barnes
Ian Rush
Graeme Souness

TBH I could do whole thread on this

the more i hear from him the more i thoroughly dislike the fella, always talking the club down does my fucking fruit in.

it just seems that everything he says is some form of excuse as to why we have not performed better and that absolutely none of the blame lies at his own doorstep.

tbh i can't recall one comment from him in his 9 month tenure where he has taken even a slight part of the blame for anything???????

Mike D said:
Exacly and how many so called big name players go onto make big name managers give me one and I'll give you 20 who were shit.

Have you ever thought that it maybe because there are very few big name players in comparison to not such big names in the game? Therefore it stands to reason that there will be less big name players that go on to being big name managers.

How can he be a big name? His surname is only 6 letters and his forename is only 4 letters :p

Rammy blue ,You want him to come out grovelling? just to appease you and for not picking the teams you wish to see?

He is a manager in the top tier of the best league in the world and you expect him to come out after every performance you deem unacceptable in front of the cameras and press and start blubbering and admitting he knows fck all about football, just to make you feel better? Or would you like the man in charge to try and explain his reasoning and his view of how the game went, given his football knowledge (although most blues agree he has no knowledge of the proffessional game whatsoever)

Rammy Blue said:
the more i hear from him the more i thoroughly dislike the fella, always talking the club down does my fucking fruit in.

it just seems that everything he says is some form of excuse as to why we have not performed better and that absolutely none of the blame lies at his own doorstep.

tbh i can't recall one comment from him in his 9 month tenure where he has taken even a slight part of the blame for anything???????

If he used the term WE instead of THEY a bit more in his remarks that would be accepting of some of the blame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.