Hughes - I AM A BIG NAME [Merged]

Re: HUGHES - I AM A BIG NAME

blueju said:
Rammy blue ,You want him to come out grovelling? just to appease you and for not picking the teams you wish to see?

He is a manager in the top tier of the best league in the world and you expect him to come out after every performance you deem unacceptable in front of the cameras and press and start blubbering and admitting he knows fck all about football, just to make you feel better? Or would you like the man in charge to try and explain his reasoning and his view of how the game went, given his football knowledge (although most blues agree he has no knowledge of the proffessional game whatsoever)

no i don't expect him to come out grovelling, i just expect some humility in his shortcomings - my view on him is hardly a guarded secret but it just seems some people are blinded by mediocrity.

he has done nothing in my view to merit a further season and people who are pulled in by his comments about how long it will take us to reach the top need to stop believing his bullshit.

top name manager + 200 mil to spend in summer = top 4 next season.

apologies in advance to anyone who has limited aspirations however one thing that running my own business has taught me is that "if you don't believe it will happen it probably won't."

Rammy Blue said:
blueju said:
Rammy blue ,You want him to come out grovelling? just to appease you and for not picking the teams you wish to see?

He is a manager in the top tier of the best league in the world and you expect him to come out after every performance you deem unacceptable in front of the cameras and press and start blubbering and admitting he knows fck all about football, just to make you feel better? Or would you like the man in charge to try and explain his reasoning and his view of how the game went, given his football knowledge (although most blues agree he has no knowledge of the proffessional game whatsoever)

no i don't expect him to come out grovelling, i just expect some humility in his shortcomings - my view on him is hardly a guarded secret but it just seems some people are blinded by mediocrity.

he has done nothing in my view to merit a further season and people who are pulled in by his comments about how long it will take us to reach the top need to stop believing his bullshit.

apologies in advance to anyone who has limited aspirations however one thing that running my own business has taught me is that "if you don't believe it will happen it probably won't."

Fair enough Rammy, its all about opinions but how much time did the top managers need to come to the fore and show their potential and how much time were they given before their fans decided they were shite and not worthy of their support? MH is only a baby at this management lark and has already shown some promise. After all his team selection, tactics and substitutions against Everton at Goodison sum up just how shit he actually is dont they?

blueju said:
Rammy Blue said:
blueju said:

Fair enough Rammy, its all about opinions but how much time did the top managers need to come to the fore and show their potential and how much time were they given before their fans decided they were shite and not worthy of their support? MH is only a baby at this management lark and has already shown some promise. After all his team selection, tactics and substitutions against Everton at Goodison sum up just how shit he actually is dont they?

nail. head.

we have no reason to "wait" and see if he can be a decent manager in the future - we have the resources to have the best so why not have it?

any company that aspires to be the best and has the resources to achieve that goal will always attempt to employ the BEST man for the job.

Hughes is not that man.

Rammy Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
Rammy Blue said:

This equation works for me :)

thanks Bob, not too tricky is it.....

Doesn't just work like that does it? We need someone to build the club up long term so that we can make a sustained challenge for the top 4 year after year.

While I expect him to still be in charge come next season, it can't be denied that he sounds like a man hanging on by his fingernails!

He sounds like he's getting his excuses in and is looking for a sympathy vote from his management.

He does his credibility no good at all by continually whining about how bad things were before he got the job, in spite of the golden challice he has been handed.

Maybe he should sound a bit more grateful that he's got this job rather than sounding like he's doing us a favour.

Sven didn't moan, Redknapp didn't moan, Zola didn't moan, even Hiddink didn't moan... they just got on with the hand they were dealt with.

I think Hughes fears the bullet any day soon. That's the reality.

sboroMCFC said:
Rammy Blue said:
BobKowalski said:
Rammy Blue said:

This equation works for me :)

thanks Bob, not too tricky is it.....

Doesn't just work like that does it? We need someone to build the club up long term so that we can make a sustained challenge for the top 4 year after year.

Great way to start though isn't it? Basics are always simple.

City To Do List

Provide 200 million quid. Check.

Use money to buy the best management staff - June '09.

Have management team identify players.

Buy Players.

Let management fashion them into a winning team.

Collect trophies in May '10.

Who the fuck had heard of Mourinho before he won the champs league with Porto.Who the fuck had heard of Bob Paisley, who the fuck had heard of Arsene Wenger, you make your own name in this game. If players dont believe this club is going places then more fool them. Because were on the up.

im not sure about the 200m=trophies bit, but, i think hughes is doing a good job of making it sound harder than it is, or has to be, at any rate.

i get very odd vibes from him. he's been negative about things since the day he arrived. the players arent good enough, the fitness isnt good enough, the mentality isnt good enough, last season wasnt good enough, the infrastructure isnt good enough. and now, it seems the fans arent good enough. at times i've agreed with him, but he really does go on and on about it.

negativity breeds negativity.

i almost feel like saying, if you really dont like the club, will you please just fuck off already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.