Hull vs. City Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
zimmerman said:
This game could decide our season IMO. Drop points and morale will be low and our title challenge could fade away. Win and it'll be a tricky away game out of the way and give a big boost to take the title challenge all the way.

Although it's alarming to me to see how Nastasic has regressed under Pellegrini, after looking like one of the best defensive prospects I've seen under Mancini, he really has to be Kompany's partner throughtout the run in.

Demi must have the mother of all shit on pelle to black mail him so badly he starts every week!!

This is the team I would like to see from now on and certainly for a must win game against Hull on saturday.

.....................................................Hart.......................................

Zabaleta.............Kompanyy.................Lescott................Kolarov

...............................Milner.............Fernandinho..........................

.........Silva............................Yaya........................Nasri...........

.......................... Dzeko( or Sergio if fit)................................

Milner can interchange with Yaya (with Nasri then taking the central role behind the striker (Silva --Nasri--Milner)) depending on how things are manifesting on the pitch. But I believe Milner has to start as he makes the team tick and contributes to the much desired balance that Pellegrini talks about. I also want to see the manager abandon the 442 formation for a more fluid and modifiable system. 4231

But the overriding thing is that the players maintain the same attitude they had in the Barca game and if that is the case, we will be too good for the other teams and will get enough points to win the league.

Marvin said:
Demichelis and Kompany together are OK. They complement each other. Demichelis and lescott is not so good. I expect to see Demichelis start - unless Nastasic is fully fit.

We also have Boyata who can play alongside Vinny.

------------------------Hart
Richards--Kompany---Demichelis--Clichy
-------------------Yaya--Garcia
--------------Milner-Nasri-Silva
----------------------Dzeko

I wonder if players like Rodwell may feature seeing as they are fresh. If they are going to play this season. Now is the moment.

Hope not. Pellegrini clearly doesn't rate Rodwell and as for Richards. No thanks.

Hi lads, Hull fan in peace!

Came on here when we met you first time round this season and we were being regarded as cannon fodder, your wariness now is compliment to a successful first season, and also to you having some of the more moderate fans among these forums...

Think we owe you one a little bit from that game at the Etihad, thought we really deserved a draw, played some good footy and Aluko missed that one-on-one that should've been a given. Since then, we've added Jela and Long. We play a similar style just with more of a threat up top, they also give us the option of going more direct if a passing style isn't working. Jake Livermore is a doubt and we will be missing Robbie Brady & Paul McShane (both long-term).

Three of our back four are very solid (Rosenior, Chester & Davies), Davies in particular has been outstanding this season, our stand-out performer by a country mile but doesn't seem to have gained the national recognition he would at a perhaps more illustrious side. Figueroa is our weak link at left-back, he's incredibly rash and every challenge is a sort of 'all-or-nothing' situation. I'm sure you'll be looking to exploit him (Navas, perhaps?).

We'll look something like this:
McGregor
Rosey Chester Davies Figueroa
Elmo Huddlestone Livermore Meyler
Jelavic Long

I think our main threat will be through Elmo & Long. Elmo's in fine form and I don't think either of Cliche or Kolarov are the finest of defenders. If Demichelis plays, Long will be licking his lips. Personally, I don't see how he gets a look in for you, although Lescott hardly covered himself in glory last night. Obviously Long's very quick and has scored a few recently so will be our main outlet up against whoever stands in alongside Kompany.

I have a feeling it'll be 2-2 (not sure why), what's the situation with Aguero? Put him in my fantasy team but see he's 'doubtful' and most of you have left him out your predicted line-ups? Think you'll finish second this season, just think Chelski will keep grinding out results, but the fella talking about you dropping out the top 4 is mental, your squads far stronger than Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd's. All the best other than on Saturday. (Y)

Marvin said:
I wonder if players like Rodwell may feature seeing as they are fresh. If they are going to play this season. Now is the moment.

What bizarre logic.

Now is the moment we don't need to see the likes of Rodwell, Richards, Clichy again as we no longer need to rotate.

Those who are worried about the players not being up for all the games. There are no distractions any more. every game is just as important as the next so that will no longer be an issue.

6one said:
Marvin said:

What bizarre logic.

Now is the moment we don't need to see the likes of Rodwell, Richards, Clichy again as we no longer need to rotate.

Those who are worried about the players not being up for all the games. There are no distractions any more. every game is just as important as the next so that will no longer be an issue.
We absolutely need to rotate for this game...if the stand I players are judged ready

Kompany himself said after the game that the tank was empty

Marvin said:
6one said:
Marvin said:

What bizarre logic.

We absolutely need to rotate for this game...if the stand I players are judged ready

The drive they will have to win will overcome any tiredness.

Even if it was the case. A 10% fit Yaya or Fernandinho is better than Rodwell. Same applies to Richards/Zabaleta scenario.

We did keep the ball well last night. we weren't chasing. Kompany was more using a figure of speech to say we couldn't have tried harder. ie. no regrets. etc...

hullfan said:

Came on here when we met you first time round this season and we were being regarded as cannon fodder, your wariness now is compliment to a successful first season, and also to you having some of the more moderate fans among these forums...

Think we owe you one a little bit from that game at the Etihad, thought we really deserved a draw, played some good footy and Aluko missed that one-on-one that should've been a given. Since then, we've added Jela and Long. We play a similar style just with more of a threat up top, they also give us the option of going more direct if a passing style isn't working. Jake Livermore is a doubt and we will be missing Robbie Brady & Paul McShane (both long-term).

Three of our back four are very solid (Rosenior, Chester & Davies), Davies in particular has been outstanding this season, our stand-out performer by a country mile but doesn't seem to have gained the national recognition he would at a perhaps more illustrious side. Figueroa is our weak link at left-back, he's incredibly rash and every challenge is a sort of 'all-or-nothing' situation. I'm sure you'll be looking to exploit him (Navas, perhaps?).

McGregor
Jelavic Long

I think our main threat will be through Elmo & Long. Elmo's in fine form and I don't think either of Cliche or Kolarov are the finest of defenders. If Demichelis plays, Long will be licking his lips. Personally, I don't see how he gets a look in for you, although Lescott hardly covered himself in glory last night. Obviously Long's very quick and has scored a few recently so will be our main outlet up against whoever stands in alongside Kompany.

I have a feeling it'll be 2-2 (not sure why), what's the situation with Aguero? Put him in my fantasy team but see he's 'doubtful' and most of you have left him out your predicted line-ups? Think you'll finish second this season, just think Chelski will keep grinding out results, but the fella talking about you dropping out the top 4 is mental, your squads far stronger than Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd's. All the best other than on Saturday. (Y)

I am a big fan of Shane long. He has style about him: style in his illusive and intelligent movements in the box, his finishing and deceptive pace,close control and technique, he is a very good player. That is the key to your season. I believe your manager has made some astute signings: Huddlestone, Livermore and of course the strike partnership of Jelavic and Long- that is premier league all day long.

Nonetheless we will be coming to your place with sores and annoyance and will be ready to make amends and send a message that City is ready to focus and launch a title push so I would not hope for anything from the match if I were you. But who knows? good luck for the rest of the season from Sunday and congratulations for getting to Wembley.

6one said:
Marvin said:
6one said:
What bizarre logic.

The drive they will have to win will overcome any tiredness.

Even if it was the case. A 10% fit Yaya or Fernandinho is better than Rodwell. Same applies to Richards/Zabaleta scenario.

We did keep the ball well last night. we weren't chasing. Kompany was more using a figure of speech to say we couldn't have tried harder. ie. no regrets. etc...
We were chasing the ball. No one more so than Fernandinho. You also have to take into account the nervous energy expended.

I thought Richards did a good job against Wigan. He could play. I agree it would be awkward to play Rodwell as he has barely played all season, which is not a good use of squad player. it means that when you need them, they might not be able to perform at the level required.

Rag!
hullfan said:

McGregor
Jelavic Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.