I don't like the manager

levets said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
A lot of people on here are stating that Bobby had to go because he upset some of the players by being overly critical.. So fucking what. Some of the players have been absolutely shite this season hence they deserved criticism.

Nasri was hammered by Bobby in the press for his performances, next month he was player of the month.

A manager has every right to be critical of player performances, the pampered pricks should be man enough to deal with it, or else, now I'm going out on a limb here, improve their performance levels and not sulk because the boss shouted at them
He's behaved like an idiot for most of this season, criticising all and sundry within the club. And it's cost him his job.

You can't have players like kompany and hart threatening to leave because of you and survive.

This whole season has been one enormous list of disasters for Mancini. The 352. Europe. The league draws. The player criticism. The Marwood/sheikh criticism. The increasingly bizarre press assertations. The friction with txiki. We have had a lot of this shit with him before but his results have kept him in a job.

This year the results weren't there and the bullet became inevitable once the league was lost in the winter.

As far back as October he knew he would be leaving at the end of the season. I'm shocked that he was sacked to be honest; as I thought he would resign.

Anyway, although the timing was atrocious, I am now looking forward to August and a new start with a new manager who we MUST get behind.

On a funny note: Best tweet ever last night from somebody

'Super City fab holistic, timing is atrocious'...

That tweet was from my best mate, SOB. Weird coincidence.

Of course his dismissal has been on the cards a long time. The Monaco story was significant, I think. I believe that story was given to Daniel Taylor by City to pave the way for this. I think Txiki established fairly quickly that he wasn't the right man, and Mancini's tried to play politics with him, and lost.

He's also been damn sure he got his payoff as well. I can't blame him for that.

I am starting to think that the 5 year deal wasn't ever offered with a 5 year stay in mind. I think he was consciously undermined in the last transfer window because the Barca Boys had a different long term strategy. He realised what was going on and then started to try and fight his own corner. I think he has been a dead man walking all season.

Blue Tooth said:
I am starting to think that the 5 year deal wasn't ever offered with a 5 year stay in mind. I think he was consciously undermined in the last transfer window because the Barca Boys had a different long term strategy. He realised what was going on and then started to try and fight his own corner. I think he has been a dead man walking all season.

Again, it's something we've discussing all season.

A five year deal doesn't mean a manager is staying five years. It's just a contract which is more in his favour should he be sacked.

blueinsa said:
He is gone, get over it and stop starting shit, look at me threads when this hysterical rant could have easily gone in one of the other threads!

ok, instead of moaning about the thread, could you contribute, perhaps?

Do you think the manager of a football club has the right to be critical of underperforming facets of the club?

What happens though if the manager himself is part of the "underperforming facet". He's gone a lot has been said. I thank him for what he has done and hope he enjoys the rest of his life. But MCFC carries on and we were right to get rid, he had taken us backwards this year.

Business and football management have not, and never will be the same things.. at least I hope not, for the love of football

I'm sure there are differences between football and business management but essentially managing human beings is managing human beings. In my experience if you don't treat people with respect then they will not respect you back and subsequently you never get the best out of them. I'd say that this is probably even more pronounced in a football world where players are young, wealthy and to all intents and purposes can do what the fuck they like. Never before has it been more important to keep players onside, that's not to say a manager has to try to be pals with the players, that probably wouldn't garner much respect either but if a manager alienates the players these days then he's finished imo.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
blueinsa said:
He is gone, get over it and stop starting shit, look at me threads when this hysterical rant could have easily gone in one of the other threads!

Do you think the manager of a football club has the right to be critical of underperforming facets of the club?

What happens though if the manager himself is part of the "underperforming facet". He's gone a lot has been said. I thank him for what he has done and hope he enjoys the rest of his life. But MCFC carries on and we were right to get rid, he had taken us backwards this year.

See that is where the dilemma is. A lot of people don't think he had taken us backwards. Hence all the discussion.

blueinsa said:

Every club will go through stages where they go backwards to an extent. It doesn't necessarily have to be terminal.

See that is where the dilemma is. A lot of people don't think he had taken us backwards. Hence all the discussion.
If any City fan thinks he hadn't taken us significantly backwards this season then they either don't watch us very often or they are completely deluding themselves.

Didsbury Dave said:
Blue Tooth said:

Again, it's something we've discussing all season.

A five year deal doesn't mean a manager is staying five years. It's just a contract which is more in his favour should he be sacked.

For sure. There'll more likely than not be a 12 month payout, possibly with increments, depending on incoming work, which let's be fair, is very likely. He'll do very well thankyou.
I think that giving him the extra year has allowed them to find a successor.
It's pretty ruthless and for me not the way to do business but I guess they could not fire a league winner last year but I do think, and it's only my opinion, he was on his way as soon as the Barca lads came in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.