i think i'm turning

hgblue said:
Not a chance. Top 4 is a must. If we get it, tropheys will follow.

^^^^This^^^^ Be patient. The sooner we get in CL, the sooner we progress to compete for bigger trophies. If we don't win th fa cup this year, we'll win it next year.

Santiago Street . said:
4th spot leading us to the promised land is sky armchair bullshit.

Spurs have had a fantastic run this year but it hasn't transformed them. Ditto Leeds/Newcastle a few years ago.

All CL brings is added revenue which we of all clubs don't need.

"Top players won't sign blah blah blah". Dzeko was the most sought after striker in Europe and he signed.

"Financial fairplay blah blah blah". How much has Spurs' turnover increased this year due to CL revenue ? At an outlandish high I'd suggest £40 mill - the price of one major signing. FFP is used as a scaremongering device by the press. UEFA's bigwigs met with our owners years ago to discuss this, does anybody really expect the Sheikh to write off half a billion quid if we fall foul of some amateurish scheme dreamt up by ex footballers which hasn't and won't be ratified by Brussels as it contravenes free trade laws.

Yes I'd love to be in the CL but 40 years from now NOBODY on this forum will be reminiscing about finishing 4th whereas if we win the cup it's a different story.

You have heard of the FFPR , right? According to which we can only spend what we earn ( revenue ) . So the CL bringing more revenue is very important.

I disagree Ragnarok

Legally unenforcable and I'm sure the finest accountants/lawyers money can buy will easily circumnavigate this nonsense.

If we get 4th and get knocked out in the first round! Do we still get all this money? Because we'll drop into Europa

without stating the obvious i feel both are as important as each other and we need to secure both cup and 4th and this beautiful club of ours will explode into greatness!

Ragnarok said:
Santiago Street . said:
4th spot leading us to the promised land is sky armchair bullshit.

Spurs have had a fantastic run this year but it hasn't transformed them. Ditto Leeds/Newcastle a few years ago.

All CL brings is added revenue which we of all clubs don't need.

"Top players won't sign blah blah blah". Dzeko was the most sought after striker in Europe and he signed.

"Financial fairplay blah blah blah". How much has Spurs' turnover increased this year due to CL revenue ? At an outlandish high I'd suggest £40 mill - the price of one major signing. FFP is used as a scaremongering device by the press. UEFA's bigwigs met with our owners years ago to discuss this, does anybody really expect the Sheikh to write off half a billion quid if we fall foul of some amateurish scheme dreamt up by ex footballers which hasn't and won't be ratified by Brussels as it contravenes free trade laws.

Yes I'd love to be in the CL but 40 years from now NOBODY on this forum will be reminiscing about finishing 4th whereas if we win the cup it's a different story.

You have heard of the FFPR , right? According to which we can only spend what we earn ( revenue ) . So the CL bringing more revenue is very important.

I think he is bang on tbh.

Our owners are likley to be one or 2 steps ahead of uefa and already aware of the situation regarding these rules before they took over us.

I am confident we will be able to compete with the big boys whether we play champions league football or not. Like Santiago has said, qualifying for the CL has not exactly worked wonders for Newcastle, Spurs, Leeds & Everton. You could also probably add Arsenal and even Liverpool to that list.

Liverpool are in debt due to this chase of the holy grail and keeping up appearances with the elite CL clubs, what is their future like?

i kne albert davy said:
Danamy said:
Top 4 is a must on so many differant levels...................

Trophies will come if we achieve the above but vice versa the project will take a huge knock.
Best tell that down the Arsenal for the last 6 seasons of champs league trophy cabinets rammed.

They are consistant in finishing top 4 and with this becomes the revenue, we've got to build to gain that consistancy.

If we miss out we'll lose all momentum and it'll knock us back in more ways than one.

Danamy said:
i kne albert davy said:
Best tell that down the Arsenal for the last 6 seasons of champs league trophy cabinets rammed.

They are consistant in finishing top 4 and with this becomes the revenue, we've got to build to gain that consistancy.

If we miss out we'll lose all momentum and it'll knock us back in more ways than one.
All that's fine but whats the point of consistency if not to win things, my idea of success is not constantly coming in top four its being at Wembley next month and winning that bloody trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.