In your opinion, what is the problem with Robinho?

ono said:
First and foremost, he isn't fit and hasn't been all season..barring the first couple.

tactically speaking, It's the fact that we don't dominate the midfield away from home. All our attackers suffer from it, only Bellamy and Tevez can mask over this fact by running around a lot.

At home, we win the midfield battle the majority of the time because the opposition's mentality is different. This means our attackers are further upfield and the majority of Robbie's touches are around the penalty area. Away from home, he touches the ball just as much but he's on the halfway line and his tricks and feints are useless there...as the area is too crowded and the centre of midfield is too powerful for a guy like Robbie. IF we had midfielders who dominated the game, it would allow our attackers to play further forward without worrying about being too far from the centre of midfield. In turn this would allow Robinho to play to his own strengths and it would allow him time on the ball around the opponents penalty area. It's quite simple.

But anyway fuck all this logical debate. I'm off to have a wank over the fact De Jong clatters people and Bellamy doesn't stop running. Then i'm going to play Football Manager and scout the next boo-boy. Ageuro most probably...apparently the kids a bit special.

Absolutely spot on ono. You are making a lot of sense on here lately

gp10 said:
ono said:
First and foremost, he isn't fit and hasn't been all season..barring the first couple.

tactically speaking, It's the fact that we don't dominate the midfield away from home. All our attackers suffer from it, only Bellamy and Tevez can mask over this fact by running around a lot.

At home, we win the midfield battle the majority of the time because the opposition's mentality is different. This means our attackers are further upfield and the majority of Robbie's touches are around the penalty area. Away from home, he touches the ball just as much but he's on the halfway line and his tricks and feints are useless there...as the area is too crowded and the centre of midfield is too powerful for a guy like Robbie. IF we had midfielders who dominated the game, it would allow our attackers to play further forward without worrying about being too far from the centre of midfield. In turn this would allow Robinho to play to his own strengths and it would allow him time on the ball around the opponents penalty area. It's quite simple.

But anyway fuck all this logical debate. I'm off to have a wank over the fact De Jong clatters people and Bellamy doesn't stop running. Then i'm going to play Football Manager and scout the next boo-boy. Ageuro most probably...apparently the kids a bit special.

So what you're basically saying is that we should only play him at home games and halve his salary ? Or when we want to play him away from home, we need to buy more players that make him look better ?
No i'm saying that the problem lies with the centre of our midfield and that's where we're weak away from home. Barry, Ireland and De Jong are all good players but show me a game where they have dominated away from home against a good side? Our attackers don't get into the game because of this. Tevez and Bellamy can fool you into thinking we are by running around chasing everything.

a perfect example of what i mean is Messi playing for Barca and Messi playing for Argentina. Too completely different players. Look at Barca's midfield and then look at Argentina's. Barca dominate the midfield wherever the play.

This problem won't go away. We'll replace Robinho with someone else and we'll look exactly the same. Until we dominate the midfield away from home, our attacking play will look poor.

If you still think i'm bull-shitting, show me a game away from home last season or a game this season (where Robbie has been fit), where Robbie has been outperformed by another attacking player from our team.

Robinho could learn a lot from Anelka.

Anelka gives 100%, but not in the Bellamy sense. He doesn't track back, but when Chelsea go forward, he is constantly looking for the ball, looking to move into attacking positions, desperate to make things happen, desperate to continue the Chelsea attack.

This is how Robinho should give 100%. He's never gonna contantly help out in his own half, I can accept that. But if he gave his all when we go forward, and looked to constantly unsettle defenders, then he would be the player he thinks he is.

And I'm not having this "He doesn't suit his role" stuff.

Top, top players adapt to different roles and still perform. Ronaldo was a winger, but was just as effective up top. Same with Messi. Ribery plays wide, through the middle, and on occasion, just off the striker. If Robinho is truly in the same catagory as these players, then he would adapt to the system.

Bluemoon115 said:

Anelka gives 100%, but not in the Bellamy sense. He doesn't track back, but when Chelsea go forward, he is constantly looking for the ball, looking to move into attacking positions, desperate to make things happen, desperate to continue the Chelsea attack.

This is how Robinho should give 100%. He's never gonna contantly help out in his own half, I can accept that. But if he gave his all when we go forward, and looked to constantly unsettle defenders, then he would be the player he thinks he is.

Top, top players adapt to different roles and still perform. Ronaldo was a winger, but was just as effective up top. Same with Messi. Ribery plays wide, through the middle, and on occasion, just off the striker. If Robinho is truly in the same catagory as these players, then he would adapt to the system.

Anelka has pace though

Bluemoon115 said:

Good post.

BOBS_HEALTH said:
mark these words. he will prove the haters wrong.

Very true. I'm certain of it as he's a quality player. My worry is that the tarrados that keep giving him shit will ensure that he comes good somewhere else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.