Insanity work-out

Can anyone help with the diet. I'm not looking to follow it to the letter and the official diet looks very hard to achieve. I'm after eating well and getting in the calories I need. Work 5 days a week 9-5 so any snacking ideas helpful too. I've heard good and bad things about peanut butter for example.

Also has anyone used nesquik as their recovery drink?

Starting this tomorrow.

Few questions..

Is it important to stick to the diet plan? What are the results like? If it were done 5 times per week would it be effective or do u need to be religious with it?

Starting this tomorrow.

Few questions..

Is it important to stick to the diet plan? What are the results like? If it were done 5 times per week would it be effective or do u need to be religious with it?

Anything is better than nothing, so its all progress. For me it was very important to set out goals and staying on track with the workouts was a part of that. I'd say try to stick to the calendar if you can, doing more than one a day (especially at first) will be hard, and once you fall behind you may panic and lose motivation. Plus, it helps you set out exactly what you should be doing, and eating, each day. It led to me reading up more and more on nutrition and different types of exercise and lifting, but before that i was very much a novice and needed someone to tell me what to do and when, and how much. The Beachbody regimes do that for you.

The key with the diet plan is to grasp the message the are trying to tell you, and embrace it. Some of the recipes in there are very good, but the key is to review your calories, review your macronurtrient intake (myfitnesspal is a free app that can help with this), and then break it down into smaller meals five times a day. It's not the only way to accomplish your goals but i found it logical and easy to stick to one you understand it, and it saw me lose 4 stone in about a year, 15 months. It is still off, well apart from half a stone from increasing the weights and diet since (and one all inclusive to Spain, if I am honest :p)

Nailing the diet is the easy part, and actually contributed quite a bit to many goals by itself, but adding in the exercises really fires it up, gets your metabolism working, improves your mood, and actually challenges you too - you might not enjoy the sessions when your in the middle of one struggling to do just one more power jump, but you'll feel epic afterwards and be looking forward to the next day's session. It is the exercises that make you feel like you are doing something, you'll ache like hell for a week so have some cold spray handy and maybe even ibuprofen, but it is amazing how fast your body will adapt, gain flexibility and strength.

As for results, again it depends on what you expect and what you want to achieve. Doing high intensity training and reducing your calories will see you reduce your body weight. But those guys you see on the TV ads in the before and after have done 2/3 round of insanity or focus, including the diet side. But it is a good vehicle in my opinion, to get you to goals such as weight loss, lower body fat %, reduced waist size, neck size etc, especially for me as I had not touched a gym for about 2/3 years before I started this in 2014. I had a knee injury and was worried about the jumping, but I handled it, focus is probably easier on your joints than insanity but they all help achieve such goals, with the right dedication and application.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Will insanity be any good to me? I'm only around 11 stone as it is.

Was doing a lot of boxing and circuit training before Christmas, but the gym I was using is a bit far away. Had a major operation 18 months ago so not been in amazing shape for 2 or 3 years.

I need some sort of programme to kick me into gear again, cos I put on belly fat quite easily. I want something that's gona rip me but not make me thin and too light. Would insanity work, with the addition of weights?

Anything is better than nothing, so its all progress. For me it was very important to set out goals and staying on track with the workouts was a part of that. I'd say try to stick to the calendar if you can, doing more than one a day (especially at first) will be hard, and once you fall behind you may panic and lose motivation. Plus, it helps you set out exactly what you should be doing, and eating, each day. It led to me reading up more and more on nutrition and different types of exercise and lifting, but before that i was very much a novice and needed someone to tell me what to do and when, and how much. The Beachbody regimes do that for you.

The key with the diet plan is to grasp the message the are trying to tell you, and embrace it. Some of the recipes in there are very good, but the key is to review your calories, review your macronurtrient intake (myfitnesspal is a free app that can help with this), and then break it down into smaller meals five times a day. It's not the only way to accomplish your goals but i found it logical and easy to stick to one you understand it, and it saw me lose 4 stone in about a year, 15 months. It is still off, well apart from half a stone from increasing the weights and diet since (and one all inclusive to Spain, if I am honest :p)

Nailing the diet is the easy part, and actually contributed quite a bit to many goals by itself, but adding in the exercises really fires it up, gets your metabolism working, improves your mood, and actually challenges you too - you might not enjoy the sessions when your in the middle of one struggling to do just one more power jump, but you'll feel epic afterwards and be looking forward to the next day's session. It is the exercises that make you feel like you are doing something, you'll ache like hell for a week so have some cold spray handy and maybe even ibuprofen, but it is amazing how fast your body will adapt, gain flexibility and strength.

As for results, again it depends on what you expect and what you want to achieve. Doing high intensity training and reducing your calories will see you reduce your body weight. But those guys you see on the TV ads in the before and after have done 2/3 round of insanity or focus, including the diet side. But it is a good vehicle in my opinion, to get you to goals such as weight loss, lower body fat %, reduced waist size, neck size etc, especially for me as I had not touched a gym for about 2/3 years before I started this in 2014. I had a knee injury and was worried about the jumping, but I handled it, focus is probably easier on your joints than insanity but they all help achieve such goals, with the right dedication and application.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Thanks blue. Woo! This is tough.

Done the first two days. Fitness test more difficult than it looks.

First real session ok for about 30mins and then hit a wall. Saw it through tho. See what u mean about ur own pace.

Did 30 day shred a few times over past couple of years and completed it on Thurs as a post xmas warm up.

Bit of a step up from that!

Will insanity be any good to me? I'm only around 11 stone as it is.

Was doing a lot of boxing and circuit training before Christmas, but the gym I was using is a bit far away. Had a major operation 18 months ago so not been in amazing shape for 2 or 3 years.

I need some sort of programme to kick me into gear again, cos I put on belly fat quite easily. I want something that's gona rip me but not make me thin and too light. Would insanity work, with the addition of weights?

Same as me mate
I done Insanity and went a bit too skinny, so what I do now is mix it up with the weights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.