Insanity work-out

quiet_riot said:
Tragic meat van guy said:
Day 2 done last night. ouch.
As Rosler said, those push up drills are murder, how fast can that fucker count as well!

Wait til you get towards the end of month 2. Level 2 drills (down, back, 4 runs, 4 push ups, then back up) become Level 3 drills, (down, back, 16 runs, 16 push ups, then back up).

I managed to keep tempo on the first set with Shaun T, but after that, they were coming back up as I was still on my way down. Very hard going!

ha ha, cheers for that, cant wait ;)
have given up trying to keep up with them lot on the vid (for now at least)
Like someone said about the firemen, hardest bit for me at this early stage is trying to co-ordinate the moves so quickly, the mrs nearly fell through the front room window last night!

And them 1-2-3 hiesmans, they all mover faster than spiders taking flight!

Cardio power and resistance tonight.

Does anybody doing this use a recovery formula?
I tend to do mine late at night and so don't eat afterwards but reading some stuff online today suggests that we need to consume protein and carbs after completing a tough workout, so thinking that a good recovery formula would do the trick for this?

philinho said:
Does anybody doing this use a recovery formula?
I tend to do mine late at night and so don't eat afterwards but reading some stuff online today suggests that we need to consume protein and carbs after completing a tough workout, so thinking that a good recovery formula would do the trick for this?

I've been eating afterwards, high protein meal and Lucozade recovery powder. It's more or less the same in supplement that Shakeology is. Only 40 quid cheaper. Definitely notice a massive difference in pain and aches the next day.

Did the Upper Body Training and Cardio Recovery earlier. Felt great, look good, one of the best things I've got involved with.

I've been drinking nesquick chocolate milk shake about 20 mins after workkout. A couple from the insanity vid recommend it ona help video on youtube as a cheap alternative to the rest and recovery formula they advertise.
Something about being carbs to protien 4:1

Actually, can anyone confirm this is the correct thing to do as i would not be too happy if i get to the end of the 60 days and fuck all as happend due to this!!!

I've been drinking nesquick chocolate milk shake about 20 mins after workkout. A couple from the insanity vid recommend it ona help video on youtube as a cheap alternative to the rest and recovery formula they advertise.

Actually, can anyone confirm this is the correct thing to do as i would not be too happy if i get to the end of the 60 days and fuck all as happend due to this!!!

I've seen that in several places on the Internet too... Dunno how true it is though<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 pm --<br /><br />Just done ploy metric cardio circuit, that was tough, had to sit out most of the second set of the second group, but finished strong...

Tomorrows my rest day which means I've now done a full week! Very pleased :-)

philinho said:

I've seen that in several places on the Internet too... Dunno how true it is though

-- Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 pm --

Just done ploy metric cardio circuit, that was tough, had to sit out most of the second set of the second group, but finished strong...

Well done mate, enjoy your day off, I have to wait till Sunday :-(

philinho said:

I've seen that in several places on the Internet too... Dunno how true it is though

-- Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 pm --

Just done ploy metric cardio circuit, that was tough, had to sit out most of the second set of the second group, but finished strong...

Well done pal, just done day 3, cardio power and res and whilst i was still screaming at the end it was far easier than the plyo met cardio circuit,,,, which incidently i didnt realise i had again on saturday!!! fuck.

Despite all the 'nothing new in it, can do it all for nothing if you know how' folks on the thread last week, I cannot believe how many people have got into this so quick.
I've got about 6 mates who want to 'borrow' it from me (might even re-coup my out lay!)

On a rest day today but find myself really wanting to do some exercise... this is most strange

Plyo Cardio Circuit today.

Couldn't do it yesterday as my mum and dad were both in and I can't just go and take the living room!

Went for a 30min run instead.

EDIT: FUCK off Plyo Cardio!

What a work out that is!

Day 5 done feeling pretty good, it is very hard work and you have to be motivated to get up and just blast through it - Putting in my food in my fitnesspal is a good idea too.

Made my own recovery drink as I do my workouts before work and its quite filling and the oats provide slow energy to get through till lunch.

250ml Milk
200 water
1 Medium Banana
20g protien powder
handful of rolled oats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.