Insanity work-out

I'm so confused...

Everywhere I read it says that for healthy living, diet is more important than exercise, but it's about a million times more complex!

Exercise is easy -> Pop a DVD in, sweat for 40 mins, take a shower...

but nutrition seems really complicated... the right amount of protein / carbs / fats, along with the right types of those, at the right times of day... with or without supplements and post recovery drinks... my head hurts!

Can someone point me in the direction of a site that breaks it down nice and simple please? I tried reading FantasyIrelands posts on the fitness thread but got confused with that...

Is it just me?

Have you tried men's health magazine online ? They have loads of info on what types of foods you should be eating as part of a heathly diet and fitness regime

bobmcfc said:
Have you tried men's health magazine online ? They have loads of info on what types of foods you should be eating as part of a heathly diet and fitness regime

I had a browse of their site, but it's all little bits of info in lots of different articles, there doesn't seem to be a beginners guide or something like that...

philinho said:
bobmcfc said:

I had a browse of their site, but it's all little bits of info in lots of different articles, there doesn't seem to be a beginners guide or something like that...

Lean beef and salmon are good. Fruit like blueberries and banana. Sweet potato and turkey, broccoli, Pasta, chicken, rice. Eggs and yoghurt

philinho said:
bobmcfc said:

How much time do you have during the day, a good day would be

Breakfast: Porridge (semi Skimmed milk) or 2 poached egg on toast (wholemeal)
Mid Morning: Hand full of mixed nuts
Dinner: Chicken or Tuna sandwich no mayo even better salad with same meats
Tea: Something like lean mince or turkey mince, 100g pasta and a low salt tomato type sauce with some chilli flakes added
Snacks through day if needed can be things like carrots and other veg that you like

I mean this is very basic but it will speed up your metabolism, you're getting good fats inside and lots of protein with some good carbs.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
philinho said:
bobmcfc said:

Tea: Something like lean mince or turkey mince, 100g pasta and a low salt tomato type sauce with some chilli flakes added
Snacks through day if needed can be things like carrots and other veg that you like

I mean this is very basic but it will speed up your metabolism, you're getting good fats inside and lots of protein with some good carbs.

Thanks for the tips

Here's a typical days eating for me...
Breakfast: Bran flakes with semi skimmed milk
Dinner: Ham sandwich on wholemeal bread, apple, banana, orange
Tea: Pasta or something like that, sometimes baked dinners (like fish fingers and chips) - I have three kids that love that kind of stuff...

philinho said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
philinho said:

Thanks for the tips

Here's a typical days eating for me...
Breakfast: Bran flakes with semi skimmed milk
Dinner: Ham sandwich on wholemeal bread, apple, banana, orange
Tea: Pasta or something like that, sometimes baked dinners (like fish fingers and chips) - I have three kids that love that kind of stuff...
Thats not bad mate. I mean unless you are trying to get ripped but I take it you just want to lose weight
Drop alcohol intake if that's something you enjoy
The problem with pasta is normally the amount people have. Who doesn't like fish fingers and chips though, could try less chips and have baked beans something like that

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Thats not bad mate. I mean unless you are trying to get ripped but I take it you just want to lose weight
The problem with pasta is normally the amount people have. Who doesn't like fish fingers and chips though, could try less chips and have baked beans something like that

Thanks fella, weight loss, fitness and definition (not ripped like Shaun T mind) is the goal...

philinho said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Thanks fella, weight loss, fitness and definition (not ripped like Shaun T mind) is the goal...
Start with weight loss which is easy. By the time you come round for definition and so on you will have got your head round all these diet tips and supplements. More than anything it will be what suits you're lifestyle and needs. I have been every shape from fat to skinny, muscley to podgy to unfit since the age of 21 and this year decided to get fit and stay fit so still learning what suits me at this time as well. Good luck with it

...So weird seeing this today
Ive been running (6-9k per day) and eating nowt for weeks (fruit for lunch-no carbs at all in the evenings-no sugar & no alcohol) but dont seem to be losing anything!!!Nightmare
I saw this on telly this morning and it looked interesting, but i thought it was the usual informercial bollocks. But seeing this thread from reasonable liked minded people (not cheesy stupid yanks) has made me think twice about it.
Can anyone pm me the vid/link. I dont have £200 but i do have knackered tendons from running on cracked pavements! Also how the hell do you nkeep on top of the food from just a video? It sounds like you have to take a degree in 'foody-ology' to know what the fuck your eating??
Any help from anyone will be massively appreciated. Ive tried everything now and need to get in shape badly. Thanks all

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.