Insanity work-out

This needs a bump with it being January.

Thought I would give it a go.
Not done any training since October. I'm on day 3. Struggled but got threw it, my legs are as stiff as anything. Cardio & Power tonight
Wish me luck

1 question is I don't want to go skinny as im not carrying much weight anyway. Just want to get toned. Any tips on not turning into a rake by doing this?

Gonna have a go at this, like to think i'm quite fit, but have heard so much about this, on here and mates.
Lets see how much it is then.

badmash said:
This needs a bump with it being January.

Thought I would give it a go.
Not done any training since October. I'm on day 3. Struggled but got threw it, my legs are as stiff as anything. Cardio & Power tonight
Wish me luck

1 question is I don't want to go skinny as im not carrying much weight anyway. Just want to get toned. Any tips on not turning into a rake by doing this?

Food intake - both quantity and quality.

Its pretty simplistic,if you expend more cals than you consume you will lose weight.Make sure your eating about 500cals above 'maintenanc' and adjust according to response.

Keep lean protein pretty high,plenty of complex carbs(veg/fruit/wholemeals) and a small amout of healthy fats(oils/fish/eggs/nuts)

Just started training again myself after a lengthy 5 years off due to a neck injury. Physio is now over and I can hopefully start getting fit and train again.

Got to start with resistance training for about 4 weeks, Diet is already in place with high protein and cals intake.

Used to weigh approx 12.5 stone but have dropped down to 10.5 due to the lack of training.

After the four weeks my downstairs spare room will become the gym LOL - much to the displeasure of my missus

I can't find this on any of the torrent sites and the ones i find don't work. Any help? Fancy doing this.

If anyone is wanting to loose weight, download an app called "my fitness pal"

You can then keep a log of all foods and exercise you have done

Just started using it again. Last time i went on improving my fitness i lost 6kg (in two week) by watching what i eat on the app, and sticking under the calories.

Also its good because you can scan barcodes of food in and it adds them in for you

Also, could you send me a link for this insanity? Fancy giving it a go

Started Insanity on Friday, my god it's hard. Not been able to do a whole session without having a few extra breaks.

Thursday is my rest day because I play football.

In terms of food, I've been having 2 Weetabix and a Banana each morning. Wholegrain pasta, tuna, chicken, brown rice, brown bread etc. Natural yoghurt and fruit for snacks. Nesquick after workout but apart from that water or fresh orange.

Still early days but determined to improve and see the results. 3/4 way through reading this thread which is inspiring.

Well done to anyone who has started this in January. I am two weeks off completing Insanity for the second time, it is absolutely the best thing I've ever done.
To the guy who just posted, don't worry if you are taking extra breaks at first, even on the dreaded second month he states that you can go as slow as you want and still get results
Form is key, keep holding that core tight

This is a bit ranty but made me laugh, only you Insane lot will understand

<a class="postlink" href="http://thinklikemaxwell.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/things-i-hate-about-insanity-workout.html?m=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thinklikemaxwell.blogspot.co.uk/ ... t.html?m=1</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.