Ireland is the player we need at this club.

Da_Blu_Moona said:
I've said it before and i'll say it again, Stephen Ireland is a football genius. All he needs is a little bit of nurturing and he has the potential to be one of the best players the premier league or the world has ever seen.

I mean every bit of that hand on heart, I believe in superman. Just waiting for the sequel, Superman Returns............

taxi,.......... This article sums it up nicely <a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=809895&sec=transfers&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5739</a>

kiam06 said:
de niro said:
you are spot on, i think its important we retain at least some home grown players in the squad, this lad deserves to get something out of all the years he's put in whilst we've been shit.

Disagree,

I want to win something and his place could be occupied by a world class player instead, Ireland has been so poor for the past 12 months and should be let go.
A world class player like James "One season wonder" Milner. Yeah good one.

badge said:
he's not good enough for us anymore. simple as that. he's a sunderland / fulham / everton, at best, type player. he's going to move on, and as soon as he scores a goal, there'll be people on here crying "look, he scored. told you we should never have sold him." as if no other players ever score goals ever.
as far as i could tell from watching the game, he played, for the most part, in the creative midzone role and created zip. fact is, he's nothing more than a good player and we're now in the business for great players.
Based on one poor season featuring a managerial change?

Give him a second chance. Why are we so quick to write players off and question their attitude and commitment? I'd love nothing more than to see Stevie proving his critics wrong. I think he lost a little confidence last season, and the set-up didn't really suit him

Stevie IS the most creative player at the club..... he reads the game perfectly, has always worked as hard as the best and sees the killer pass .... we have nobody else who can do it so consistently. Some of you seem to believe all the hype and money that goes with City these days but you do not see class when it is in front of you!.... you come out with all the meaningless clichees about how he is inconsistent.... have you looked at Adebayor lately?.. or Toure or Johnson or any of the others for that matter (excluding Tevez).. Ireland is dedicated to City, he is no mercenary passing through and certainly no primadonna..... skill and workrate are embedded in his game along with the vision to see the space in which to play the ball.... Mancini wasted him last season because he does not understand the concept of attack and always focuses on holding midfielders..Steve is being sidetracked for less skilful, more glamorous names and this is pathetic.... great players NEED a ball player with vision. Wake up before it is too late and a creative side get him to come back to Eastlands and haunt us!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:
I've said it before and i'll say it again, Stephen Ireland is a football genius. All he needs is a little bit of nurturing and he has the potential to be one of the best players the premier league or the world has ever seen.

I mean every bit of that hand on heart, I believe in superman. Just waiting for the sequel, Superman Returns............

taxi,.......... This article sums it up nicely <a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=809895&sec=transfers&cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5739</a>

That's bull the guy has already earned enough to last him a long time, it's nothing to do with money. Ireland wants to fight for his place, as did Dunne before he was bundled out of the club. I know he can do it, I just hope Mancini does too.

Zim you obviously don't rate the guy and fine i respect that but this is my opinion on him and we just have to agree to disagree.

Da_Blu_Moona said:

you're either very young or haven't been watching football for long.

badge said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:

You are trying to imply my naïvety. I don't really think so, Ireland has all the raw skills and attributes to get to that level of football. It's just whether he has the mental fortitude to get there and more importantly stay there.
A bit big headed of you to suggest what you did about me just because i disagree with you isn't it? hmmmmmm

Da_Blu_Moona said:
badge said:

You are trying to imply my naïvety. I don't really think so, Ireland has all the raw skills and attributes to get to that level of football. It's just whether he has the mental fortitude to get there and more importantly stay there.
A bit big headed of you to suggest what you did about me just because i disagree with you isn't it? hmmmmmm

interesting that you didn't deny it though. let's just agree to disagree eh.
but seriously, potential to become one of the greatest players 'the world has ever seen'? even his ardent supporters will struggle to believe that.

ffs he is only 24 and about to hit his prime over the next couple of years. Yes he didn't have a good season last year but, he is still young and able to progress.

My take is that when he is played with too many defensively minded midfield players, he ends up being swamped by the opposition. This is because he is targetted as the creative outlet in that area. Look at when he has space, he is generally very good.

Meanwhile, I must be on a different planet after reading stuff on BM today. In the game last night, he consistently created chances from midfield to the strikers. It was shame that the people he fed the ball to, fluffed their chances.

Bored of Ireland threads now, City please sell him and put everyone out of there misery. Then he can play in that 1 square foot of pitch that he needs to play in and always bangs on about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.