Is fast food dead?

A Turkish restaurant and a curry house on my street have both opened and closed within about 12 months.

They just never had many customers.

Don’t have it delivered at all.Always better getting it home as quick as possible I ‘d also say though even taking a decent fish and chips home to eat isn’t great, tends to start going soggy, tastes much better eaten outdoors straight away,preferably on a sea front..
And that’s why I’m retiring to Whitby

The price you pay now for a takeaway can feed me and the Mrs for nearly a week. And that's healthy meals as well.

Most of them, the quality doesn't match the price.

At these increasing price rates they'll nearly all be gone in a few years.

Only the big franchises will survive like McDonald's.

...and usually cold.

The problem with the majority of fast food joints is the delivery services. The footprint of the 'restaurant' was designed around customers going in to purchase their food, and either sit in, or take away. And even though they've modified the serving area in some places, the kitchens simply do not have the peak time capacity to deal with the home delivery customers on top of walk-ins.
A lot are just industrial units on trading estates with a food hygene certificate and parking for 6 scooters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.