Is it just me or has Kolarov...

jay_mcfc said:
I thought he was very good on Saturday but like you say most blues will remember him shooting from stupid angles.

I reckon he'll be much better next season but Roberto needs to coach him in the same way he did with Johnson this season, ie knowing when to shoot and when to pass.

Do you ??!! Do you ??!!
The team was set up to get Kolarov into those free spots on the left wing - he didnt take advatage of a single oppertunity of the many the team gave him. Not one solitary decent cross.
I thought he was City's poorest player, and has been all Season. Together with Barry, Out of his depth. To be replaced by Bale and Sneijder.............

I broke my ankle two years ago and i'm still not 100%. Kolarov's injury was only 9months ago!

danburge82 said:
I broke my ankle two years ago and i'm still not 100%. Kolarov's injury was only 9months ago!

Easy to under estimate the effect of this especially combined with settling into a new league.

Kolarov played well on saturday and did in the other semi final , he does seem to have gained a yard of pace as I saw him beat the opposition full back numerous times on saturday. The only problem is his willingness to shoot from ridiculous ranges and angles , that has to stop . If one goes in then fair enough but if there is a better option he has to use it. But I am glad to see him improving in his natural position.

MCFCBen said:
Kolarov is a very direct, attacking fullback that has had a tough first season in England. Many players struggle (remember Evra's debut and first season) to adapt to the pace of the Premier League straight away and his cause wasn't helped by a lack of pre-season training and then the injury at Spurs.

I think he has a very important role to play for us next season. Our style of play is similar to Arsenals in the way most of out attacking is done through the middle, rather than the flanks. If this isn't working, he will become better and better at raiding down the left as he gets used to playing at English pace rather than Italian.

Mancini knows his capabilities and if a more defensive LB is required for a game (like the Spurs game), then Zabaleta could well play as his decision making and positioning is better at the moment.

We have to stick with the spine of this years team as it has done pretty well and continuity brings spirit and success. Kolarov will only get better as he is nowhere near his prime years yet.

top post Ben. Let's give the lad time to settle. I still would like to sign a backup LB, but with FFP and us in on some big names apparently, i don't think another 15+ mil LB is needed less than 12 months after spending big money on one.

plus it seems like he is a dressing room favourite (not that that counts for anything, I know).

ANY1aBLUE said:
Do you ??!! Do you ??!!
The team was set up to get Kolarov into those free spots on the left wing - he didnt take advatage of a single oppertunity of the many the team gave him. Not one solitary decent cross.
I thought he was City's poorest player, and has been all Season.

Get off his case...He put in a fantastic cross that the Stoke player nearly put in his own net....and there the was another one in the first half that almost lead to a goal.....Yeah , he was wasteful at times but the lad will learn and be great asset to this club in the next few years.

id love us to stick with him and him come good
although if we really do go for leighton baines id have to take that. apart from baines tho i cant see any other lb being a big enough improvement (apart from cole but i doubt thats a possible signing atm)

danburge82 said:

Oh, thats different then - I didnt realise that. So, we must keep him in for sympathy reasons?

Kolarov has all the physical attributes and a good enough touch to be a very decent player. He isnt one of those players that you watch and think they'll never make it. I think his errors can be coached out of him, in much the same way that Micah has improved this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.