Is the England national team good or bad for City players?

Why do they keep passing to Pope if they know he is hopeless, the opposition must know this and can push up

Stones has no excuse. That was shocking. He did well to recover after and looks like it hasn't got to him. Hopefully he starts Saturday and has a stormer but I doubt it with Laporte having had a nice break

Sterling gets so much shit on a regular basis from England and City fans as well as the media that I don't think he's affected anymore. Which is good but also it's sad that we've got here.

Walker doesn't really attract too much attention. Plus I think he's mature enough not to be affected by negative press.

Stones has bounced back enough times not to concern me.

Foden is the only one I'm concerned about. I think there's too much expectation on him and if he doesn't deliver people will turn on him.

Oh, and it's not exclusively an English thing either. In Brazil, Fernandinho is strongly disliked by many due to what happened in both the 2014 and 2018 World Cups, and Jesus is similarly disliked due to the 2018 World Cup.

It's all part and parcel of football really.

it’s good. We want all of our players playing for the international sides.

our English players will more then likely want to play for England more then city as well, which is fair enough

sounds a bit like a Liverpool forum this . Ie were scouse not English. Don’t see any mention of it for other players, from other countries

Last edited:
it’s good. We want all of our players playing for the international sides.

our English players will more then likely want to play for England more then city as well, which is fair enough

sounds a bit like a Liverpool forum this . Ie were scouse not English. Don’t see any mention of it for other players, from other countries

I cant commit on other National teams as I dont watch them.
I watch England but I can take or leave it to be honest. But I can clearly see that City are a much better team than England. So I guess the City players can see it as well !
But I agree with you of course the players want to play for their country.

I wouldnt say its abit scouse to prefer your club to your country National team. I have grown up knowing that a bog standard player who plays for utd will get picked for England. It goes without saying if an English player signs for utd , within 5 utd games he is in the England team.
That's why I am not bothered about England because for decades it's been who you play for not how good you are.
Just look back to Frank Worthington only 8 caps ! And what a player he was.
The amount of times England pick Gerrard and Lampard and played one of them on the wing just to fit them in. Just drop one of them and pick a wide player.

But I dont follow football that much, I follow City 100%, so for me watching England is hard as I have no idea who England number 8 is , who he plays for and to be honest why is he in the team ! Watched all the games this week and have no idea what he brings to England ;)

Last edited:
If that's the best English 11 then we have no hope. Stones' mistake was a combination of having a keeper he dare not trust to give the ball to under pressure and neither of the 2 left side defenders (Maguire or Chilwell) having bothered their arse to drop beyond Stones and give an easy option. If the same scenario were to happen at City then he'd be dispossessed too but it wouldn't happen as anyone can see that our centre halves split and players make themselves available. England's failings are a combination of technically limited players being unable to think and react as the play develop.
And that geezer from Leeds Utd with the predator headgear, championship standard imho..
Don't get me started on Gareth fucking Southgate 'The nose with a permafrown'. He's worse than Pep for no subs..... then brings 2 on with less than 5 minutes to go. WTF is that about.

Jim White slagging Raz off for diving this morning. It’s like I watch a different game some times. His standing leg got cleared out by the defender!
Jim Shite slagging Raz off for diving this morning. It’s like I watch a different game some times. His standing leg got cleared out by the defender!

Fixed for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.