Is this our biggest game in 29 years.

dw7 said:
belive me gillingham was a much much much bigger game than this

100% correct.

Are we starting to see the arrival of 'new' city fans, that have little depth of blueness???

I hope not.

the most important game in the last 29 years was the home game against stoke at Christmas 98 when we were a goal down at half-time
something snapped that day at half time and the players came out with desire and wanting to win, and we went on a superb run after that game that got us to third and into the play-offs and on to the infamous penalty shoot out against the Gills
that game was the signal that we had finally turned the corner and were heading in the right direction

It isn't a HUGE game and we do ourselves no favours in bigging it up so much. The rags see it as just another derby, just another semi-final and just the carling cup = not really a big deal.

We need to be "up for it", but not so much so that we are shitting ourselves. Win it = terrific, in a final. Lose it = no big deal, plenty more opportunities lie ahead.

And anyway, it's not like it's a final. It's a bloody semi final. In the least important competition we have.

There will be many, many, many, many, many much bigger and more important games than this along the road to achieving our plans. Let's keep it in perspective shall we?

....the main thing for me about this game is .......for the first time in 30 yrs we actually go into this game with a side that could consistantly beat them. So even if we do get beat we're not going away...coz we'll be back in their face again at COMS when the game will really matter for them .

What ever Happens.....the Blue Moon is rising over a red sunset !!

C'Mon City !!!

Even if we lose (which we won't) and Liverpool & Villa win, we'll be seventh and out of the League Cup but

with 2 games in hand & a home banker in the FA Cup

Don't worry it'll turn out fine

Got to agree with most on this Gillingham was a massive game I remember standing there sick as a parrot I never even heard of fu**ing Gillingham, Then in a moment it all changed Saint Dickov pulled us back from the pit and the Holy Weaver was raised to god like status.I took one of my sons along, eleven at the time, when Dickov scored I turned to pick him up only to find the bloke next to me already had him above his head from that day on a knew he would be a Blue forever (not that he ever had any choice)
By the way has anyone got my scarf from that day I chucked when they got their second !! its got League cup winners badge on it I would luv it back
CITD
As for tomorrow yep its a big game but there will be plenty more with this Team I think we will do it but if not don't let the Scum see how much it hurts .on the other hand if we win the bastards won't be able to come out for weeks

squirtyflower said:
the most important game in the last 29 years was the home game against stoke at Christmas 98 when we were a goal down at half-time
something snapped that day at half time and the players came out with desire and wanting to win, and we went on a superb run after that game that got us to third and into the play-offs and on to the infamous penalty shoot out against the Gills
that game was the signal that we had finally turned the corner and were heading in the right direction

The tide turned and it was the wall of sound from the Platty that did it!

But I'd go for the play-off final too. God was on our side that day. I'd never noticed him at a City game before.

TTTCITYBHOY said:
Wembley awaits,forget Gillingham play off,full members pish.If we do these fucks on wed. night,we have a date with Villa on 28th Feb.Hamburg was a "big game" as West Ham was(1/4's cup),but wednesday is in my mind,our BIGGEST MATCH for a long time.(APART FROM LAST WEEK V THE SCUM)

And I'm only 27! never seen owt but a few league derby wins, play-off final, Div1 win and other promotions, a few quarter finals Inc the special Hamburg game, never been able to afford away Europe legs and last week was only the first leg! tomorrow night will be the biggest game and possibly the biggest day of my life! I'm nervous and excited, shitting it, almost in tears thinking about what could happen! Christ I don't think I'll even make it through tonight leg alone tomorrow!!

COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.