Is WW3 Literally Around The Corner

Yeah...I clearly remember feeling anxious watching Threads. Also, the American film The Day After around the same time:

View attachment 30027
Legend has it that Reagan watched this film, and was so appalled and affected by it, that it prompted the meetings with Gorbachev and de-escalations.

Threads is a magnitude more depressing as Nuclear Holocaust films go.

I think major conflict is not beyond the realms of possibility.

COVID and the economic collapse it triggered has changed the rules. When times are good, even very dangerous countries tend to behave themselves. When times are bad, they seek to unite the population with war. Falklands War began because the Argentinian economy was suffering due to tariffs on beef exports, so they launched war.

COVID and the economic collapse it triggered has changed the rules. When times are good, even very dangerous countries tend to behave themselves. When times are bad, they seek to unite the population with war. Falklands War began because the Argentinian economy was suffering due to tariffs on beef exports, so they launched war.
I reckon a full on China v USA v Russia etc Nuclear conflict is unlikely because they would all have too much to lose. We are in an era of Cyber War were they are competing to fuck up each other via cyberspace etc.

Along with this though is the Lunatic Regimes like Iran who are actually looking to bring upon the end of the World so their great Messiah will appear etc

The Falklands War was ludicrous even then, and if you think war will be waged in that way ever again you are a fantasist.

You make a reasonable point.
I also think Thatcher welcomed that war to boost her flagging popularity. I still have great pity for all who died needlessly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.