It's quiet 10, no apologies! (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:
I'm still backing Tolmie on this one. He stated a couple of weeks ago that City had cooled on RvP, so I doubt very much a deal was agreed between club and player months ago!

Who to believe... a journo or Tolmie?

It's a no-brainer surely?

Arsenal hate us with a passion, if a deal had been agreed months ago, there would be no need for continued talks between Van Persie and his club.

Van Persie does fancy us, but he does not hold the cards. It comes down to Arsenal's ability to bend.

His father stated what he did recently because they were aware City were starting to look at alternatives.

Is McGarry the one who said RVP had already agreed 225k p/w wages back in March and that it was just the transfer fee which was still under negotiation?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:
I'm still backing Tolmie on this one. He stated a couple of weeks ago that City had cooled on RvP, so I doubt very much a deal was agreed between club and player months ago!

Arsenal hate us with a passion, if a deal had been agreed months ago, there would be no need for continued talks between Van Persie and his club.

Van Persie does fancy us, but he does not hold the cards. It comes down to Arsenal's ability to bend.

His father stated what he did recently because they were aware City were starting to look at alternatives.
Morning tolm have you any news on any transfers other than rvp ?
I usually pick up snippets but I have heard absolutely nothing,just hoping that we are doing our business quietly and not struggling to bring in the required quality.
Have been told that modric to utd is on but not from my usual source.

sjk2008 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Soulboy said:

Is McGarry the one who said RVP had already agreed 225k p/w wages back in March and that it was just the transfer fee which was still under negotiation?

It's been written to death, it's also an easy one to write.

Wages will always be speculative, so to state the only hurdle left is a transfer fee to be negotiated with his club, last time I looked, this is always the prelude to any deal.

McGarry's 'back-stop' is a shot to nothing. If Van Persie doesn't sign, it will be because Arsenal don't want to deal, which is convenient.

And if he does sign, he can state 'I told you so' back in March, he had sorted his £225k a week wages, which can never been disproved, which is again, convenient.

Give more credence to anything you read which gives a current state of play, rather than 'it's done' which is generally the default position of a 'know-nowt'.

Van Persie was first written about LAST SUMMER.

McGarry was also the person pushing that Sneijder to United was a done deal all last summer, when it was never even close.

McGarry even received a legal from Mourinho (a supposed source) when he said he had signed a £12m a year deal with City last year.

SalfordPaul was even posting on RVP 12 months ago, he was well ahead of the curve.

johnny crossan said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
To start the day on a cheery note, The Sun's Paul Smith sent home is disgrace from the Euros by UEFA for not turning up to matches they had reserved spots for!

You might remember this odious toad from his disgraceful attack on City the other year on Sunday Supplement?
best news yet!

Agreed.

Bring back Garry Cook
For all his gaffs he delivered players
If we don't go for the kill on Gareth Bale the board need their heads banging
De Rossi or Martinez and only if players leave do we need to add
It really is that simple

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sjk2008 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

It's been written to death, it's also an easy one to write.

Wages will always be speculative, so to state the only hurdle left is a transfer fee to be negotiated with his club, last time I looked, this is always the prelude to any deal.

McGarry's 'back-stop' is a shot to nothing. If Van Persie doesn't sign, it will be because Arsenal don't want to deal, which is convenient.

And if he does sign, he can state 'I told you so' back in March, he had sorted his £225k a week wages, which can never been disproved, which is again, convenient.

Give more credence to anything you read which gives a current state of play, rather than 'it's done' which is generally the default position of a 'know-nowt'.

Van Persie was first written about LAST SUMMER.

McGarry was also the person pushing that Sneijder to United was a done deal all last summer, when it was never even close.

McGarry even received a legal from Mourinho (a supposed source) when he said he had signed a £12m a year deal with City last year.

SalfordPaul was even posting on RVP 12 months ago, he was well ahead of the curve.

Or guessing ?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.