It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

City don’t brief lies. They told a few they wouldn’t move for a replacement if Sterling left. They only ever deny the untruth or when they’re being used.

Personally think it would be crazy to not replace Sterling or atleast his qualities.

Phillips can play centre back, can't he?

If Zin stays and Cucurella comes in, we are covered left side.

It would placate Laporte and Stones, with Dias more comfortable on the left of the pairing.

If we can get £60m it would be a great deal all round and would wish a very decent person all the best.

Imagine getting £120m just from Chelsea for Raheem and Ake?

£50m for Jesus, £50m Torres, £12m Bazunu, £8m Porro, £5m for kid going to Leeds, potentially £10m for Steffen.

£250m brought in must be a record of some sort in one year?
But Stones' injury record isnt the best.....wouldnt we be one centre half light if we got rid of Ake?..NO Ferna to cover either

Not sure if you are joking about Phillips playing centre half?

Edit: seen your previous response to this.....dont agree...Stones is injury prone and Laporte suffered a bad injury at back end of last season and Dias does have issues with his hamstring....its not inconceivable at all to have at least 2 of them out at one time....Walker aint great there either....has the pace obviously but positionally all over the place.

I get the reasons if Ake went but not replacing him would mean wee would need a lot of luck on the injury front.

And if Chelski are desperate, why help out a direct rival.....

Last edited:
Do you have any knowledge of how highly Mbete is rated at the club by the way? Usually we hear about Palmer, Mcatee or Delap. Mbete’s name is rarely mentioned.

Don't think our academy defender prospect will ever makes a chance in first team, none of them from what i have seen so far have potential to be a world class player in the same vein like other position produced. The likes of Foden-level or even Delap-level potential talent in defender is dire tbh.

You have too sell Ake if offered £50m+

The guy couldn't even get in the team ahead of Fernandinho for the last 2 matches of the season.

With 5 subs for the coming season its a good chance to make Mbete 4th Choice CB and see if he can cut it.

I think that's the carrot dangled at this stage, mate.

Former player, club trained, affordable package...

Nathan might be entitled to at least think.

Would we go for another CB if he was sold?

Edit: just seen you explain it to others.

If Sterling leaves I would have hoped we'd get another forward player in too?

So it's likely to be a LB and we're done for the summer?

My only concern is that we're likely to have a smaller squad and it was small already.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.