It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

Ferran Soriano, the money before anything else man as always ffs. He squeezes every department. It's money, money, money. He's good at his job tbf, but that man is pure business and nowt else. Khaldoon right on this!
My best mate holds the CEO position at County. He's from a pure business back ground and never worked in football till Mark bought the club. His whole purpose at the club is to firefight losses and temper the demands and expectations of the owner. I think every club bar Chelsea and the Rags have a Sorriano.
It's a shame to see Palmer go, but we're not offering him a 7 year deal. i feel for the lad, but I don't think his lethargic style helps him. Only time will tell on the lad as a footballer, but he's set for life now.

Once again apologies if some of this info is now common knowledge, I’ve not kept up to date with the treads but here’s a few snippets….

Deal all done for Nunes was in for his medical today apparently.

Palmer fee as widely published. Khaldoon does not want to sell him but Ferran is pushing for it so Khaldoon willing to accept but wants terms of payment to be hugely favourable.

Bernardo’s new contract does include a £50m release clause next summer

Walker’s contract not signed yet and not covered himself in glory after coming in to training half cut yesterday!

Finally, rumblings of potentially another last minute signing brewing that may happen but no details of who/position etc

Hardly groundbreaking, I know!
Fucking what?!

Sorry that doesn't fit your man crush on Palmer.
Glad we've got a CEO who put business before emotions.
Don't build a winning team and a global brand on sentiment.
"Man City football club" or "Man City football business" ?

"Man City football club" or "Man City football business" ?
Technically we are part of ADUG which is a business… Clubs haven’t been “clubs” since before any of us were born. They are a business, they don’t care about you or me as Johnny tourist can take our place who’ll spend a lot more cash on a match day. Don’t kid yourself it’s all still rainbows and fluffy clouds.

Regarding Palmer, we have to be aware that the club haven't pushed him out. Only a few players have a guaranteed role in this team. Even if he stayed he would have a rotational role at best and he wanted to go to a club where he can have a shot at starting week in and week out. He has chosen that and City have got a good price out of it. Good deal for all. Lets be honest he is not a world beater at the moment and its all potential. He is a maverick like Riyad minus all the goals and achievements. Cole has to work for it and if he feels that Chelsea is the place for him then all the best to him there.

And people like him are why we win trebles, and are the envy of the world. The term "we can't compete with City".

He's exactly why over the last 24 months we've got a net spend of something like £2 million, whilst bringing in a World Superstar in over that time, and reducing our average age and wage bill. We've spent less than Wrexham in the last 24 months, which is absolutely mental when you think about it.

Yeah im not denying any of that! He's obviously brilliant, but I can totally admit my viewpoint comes from that as a fan, not a businessman...and what's wrong with that? Would be weird if I was wired the other way! I do think there is a place for sentimentality in football though. I strongly believe emotion plays a huge part in football because its built around people. Academy lads breaking is something that can motivate a whole club. Sometimes I feel that can (maybe should?) override business. Khaldoon, apparently, feels the same way re Cole.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.