It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just said the same to my mate. Feels like a play to get the fans on side whilst telling the world he wants out officially, also that it's something that's been on his mind for a while(nothing to do with Bayern etc).
Maybe he hopes if Bartomeu gets a vote of no confidence he may be allowed to go by the board.
Didn't read like a political calculated statement. It read like a statement from the heart. His board are a disgrace and I hope Barca fans fire them.

Not sure we should go in for him in Jan because of his age so I hope we don't make any commitments.

So, who do we go for now then?

Still need a CB, LB and I'll keep banging the drum for us to get a new Defensive Midfielder.

A partnership of Gundogan and Rodri again will meltdown this forum more than Messi staying.
As long as Gundogan is not part of the partnership I’m ok with it.

You must know there's loads who do that!

I see someone is reporting Messi is going to speak in the next few hours. I'd be very surprised if he were speaking outside of Barca TV to announce he's staying at Barca. Just my opinion of course, and if he does speak then that is exactly what City expected to happen next from what I've been told.

"Be like water ... "
This became true. Thank you

A load of happy fans because they keep their best player and the president can say he's showed that the club is bigger than a player and if you sign a contract, you stick to it.
He's made himself look like a weak, moaning millionaire footballer and the president has shown leadership and won the day. He can moan all he wants about them losing matches, but that can come right back at him and his mates in the team who've done the fans over by rolling over in various away fixtures.
For an unpopular president, I'd say he's pulled a blinder so far and is the only one coming out of this with any claim of credit (his detractors will complain whatever he did). And whilst City have publicly said nothing, there will be plenty of laughter amongst the old boys network at the moment and possibly some uncomfortable discussions in Abu Dhabi if we've been roped into this.

Don’t really see how Bart has played a blinder mate. He’s got the highest paid player in the world sat at the club not wanting to be there, all the while he walks away to sign a pre-contract for free in 4 months time.

Plus who gives a toss if the old boys have a good laugh at us or not? Couldn’t give a fuck what any of them think personally.

im worried about our season now.. that defence if we dont sign Koulibaly...

Yes he has said the board are shit and he loves the club, but you don't say the shit about your family being distraught at the idea of moving if you are still trying to leverage a move.

The optimism on here is inspiring, but its just going to look awkward on October 6th when we haven't signed any of our remaining targets and Messi is still in Barcelona. Hopefully the board see this for what it is.

The family stuff is a red herring, it's not important.

All he was saying there is that this was a massive personal decision not just a professional one that he took even though his family didn't want him to leave, because he knew he had to take it for the benefit of his career.

Can’t say I blame him for his interview and he made his intention clear bar actually saying he’ll leave in 12 mo this which I’d expect him to of said had that been his intention. I can’t see City making an offer though either, and think this was his one and only chance to join us. Do I see him leaving this window still? Yes possibly, but not to City, I can now see PSG offering €200m and securing his services. There’s no chance Barça will deal with us for less than the money they want so we can forget a €100m deal in my opinion.
I don’t think we were played but I do think his interview, although scathing to Barça, doesn’t really do us any favours. Barça will see this as a win regardless and a victory over City rather than keeping their prize asset.
Would love there to be a twist involving City but I genuinely can’t see it now going in our favour. I also don’t think we can afford to let this continue to drag out further in to the transfer window. It was fun while it lasted even being linked to such a legend and as a typical blue I’ll cling on to a small amount of ‘what if?’ lol but just can’t see it now sadly.
I hope I’m wrong as the numbers did stack up but just can’t see Barça playing ball.

Anyone who thinks it’s got this far without his mrs and kids being behind is deluded imo. He still wants the move and the ball is now right back in Barca’s court! Xavi takes over and has what to spend?! The debts are HUGE! The €800m loan as well and Leo is there unhappy on €1m a week?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.