It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post wasn't aimed at you, bud, genuinely, apologies if you felt it was.

It was a general pop at various posts today, yours unfortunately happened to be tagged on end as you said couldn't think of anyone suitable?

Wasn't my point, as we're not paid to come up with those names, but the subsequent wider wording of it was clearly not aimed at any particular individual.

No probs TH. I was over the top! I genuinely have never criticised anyone at the club & took it the wrong way.

How can it have set us backwards considering we didn't have a striker last season either? Yes, the others have improved but I think the impact of Grealish is going to be massively greater than some believe.
Personally I think Grealish will strengthen the depth of our squad & improve our gene pool, but I doubt very much he'll be the individual game-changer many think he'll be beyond what we've already got.

He just keeps the quality of our squad at a very high level. What we need is that player who on his own can change/effect a game on a regular basis, an elite goal scoring player. The only one who comes to mind who's available is Haaland. He would give us something we don't currently possess, Grealish doesn't. He just maintains a high quality squad, & ensures our quality doesn't drop off a cliff if he plays instead of KDB, Silva Sterling, Mahrez, Foden, Gundog, Jesus etc.

You’d love to see it though wouldn’t you?
Haaland coming to us after everyone else has done a mega signing.

please?

Was just thinking this. Who would challenge us for the signing now?

Chelsea - done.
United - done.
Barca - majorly done.
PSG - probably done.
Real - mainly after Mbappe.

A clear road?

The question is: Loan whom, who'll be better than Torres, Jesus or Delap? It's not like we haven't got options, it's just we don't have a proven world class option. To be honest, this might be the ideal opportunity to see the value of our options, & whether they're worth bothering with.

Most competing clubs buy the ready made product from the chasing pack clubs who have the scope to allow talent with potential to develop in a big league, without the weight of trophy expectation.

As I said yesterday, I'm less concerned about a replacement for Aguero, than I was for Kompany. I knew not replacing Vinny would be a massive fuck up, & so it proved. As it stands I really can't see who's realistically available for the right price & is better than the options we've already got.

In this respect, going balls deep for Haaland is about the only deal which makes any sense. He's proven himself, he's young & even at £150m on a 5 year contract & £350k per week, he'll cost us £50m per season amortised.

If he fulfills his potential, he'll still be young enough to have a massive resale value, & if he extends his contract, we'd be looking at up to £25m per season for one of the world's elite strikers. I've no idea how these figures fit into our financial model, but after the initial transfer fee hit, would £20m - £25m per year for a young superstar striker seem excessive?

Only Mbappé would come close in that respect & he only wants Real Madrid. Unless there's another star striker option I don't know of, or Torres/Delap turn out to be the real deal, I've no idea what other sensible & realistic options are available to us....
I agree with most of this but Haaland wants 850,000 a week not 350,000 - not going to happen and shouldn't happen
If any of our other players have remotely competent agents they should have a pay parity clause

Good man. Enjoy the game.

It was at the Twitter bedwetters and anyone who has basically known nothing but success at our club.

What was the BBQ like in Abu Dhabi ;)

It was amazing & our invite totally out of the blue. All players & manager there. It was at the Emirates Palace hotel. Hughes was the manager - bit of a misery but Craig Bellamy & Stephen Ireland were really chatty & sociable. Fantastic experience

It’s done this window Pep said we stay as we are in the embargoed section of yesterday’s presser.

just make peace with it blues, nothing will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.