It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but when we saw their valuation, why did we not move on to our second choice target?

This is the head scratcher that there doesn’t seem to be a plan b. It was Kane or nothing, if we didn’t get him Pep seems comfy giving Torres and Jesus a chance. Potentially I could see both getting 20 goals a piece this year with the service they have behind them.

This is the head scratcher that there doesn’t seem to be a plan b. It was Kane or nothing, if we didn’t get him Pep seems comfy giving Torres and Jesus a chance. Potentially I could see both getting 20 goals a piece this year with the service they have behind them.
Looks like its sterling and torres as a striker and jesus out wide. I dont see jesus getting used as much in the middle.

I’d be happy if we got Ryan Bertrand on a free at left back
It doesn’t always have to be a £60m player
But if we target a player we need to get over the line
Completely agree mate. I think that my reaction your post was due to the slightly hyperbolic suggestion that we had totally fucked up.

Ah football.

No it’s not
if you target someone, try to get them and fail You can’t then see it as a success

We always have these excuses but essentially once a player is targeted and due diligence carried out you need to be ready and execute the deal.
For many reasons we keep fucking them up
Sorry - we have to just disagree

It is all about opinions - and I respect your right to have yours

Mine are that:

All targets should have parameters - and it would be indeed a failure (IMO) if the club was to get sucked into some nonsense just because of some reason akin to vanity

Re Kane - would you have been pleased to see the club pay £500m ? or £400m? or £300?

If the answer is no - then you also have parameters and limits - so has the club - and ours seemed to be about £120m

And my opinion is also that the examples of Messi, Ronaldo (given the deals that they ended up with) - along with Sanchez and others mentioned - have consistently proven our club to have been correct

Really well managed - IMO

I dont get the criticism of the City board. If clubs and chairmen like levy wont deal with City there isnt much our board can do.
It seems some fans think City should just pay over the top to get Kane. Personally I am glad our board have a price and wont go over it. Some fans sound to me like the punters that go to an auction saying 200quid is my limit than come out with what they wanted but spent 500quid !. Thankfully our board isnt like that.

If anything I think players might think twice about going to spurs as it seems difficult to leave should you want to.

It was said that Villa wanted to sell to anyone but City. Perhaps the hateful 8 have got together to try and not sell to City.
I wouldnt be surprised if Kane had gone to utd for 80million at Christmas or next summer. That wont happen now as the rags panicked and got in Ronaldo perhaps that was Citys plan ;)

Perhaps I have been reading to many conspiracies books !

Wouldn't mind a cheeky bid on moukoko from Dortmund if we aren't going after a global name striker, he's 16 and is already playing for the first team, 144 goals in 108 games at underage level for Dortmund, 3 in 17 for the first team from mainly sub appearances. Touted as the next big thing.
Indeed - an alternative approach is to get them in young and develop them - let them become global names at our club

The way we have set up CFG and the Academy is further evidence of how well - and strategically - the club is run - as evidenced in the significant money we have made from outgoing transfers

Far better than being some short-term show pony club like PSG, the Scum and others

Last edited:
Looks like its sterling and torres as a striker and jesus out wide. I dont see jesus getting used as much in the middle.
If he carries on as he's started then I don't mind at all. Plus, and only time will tell, I really think Torres could be brilliant up top. The runs he makes and his desire to get to where the ball should be delivered are, imo, top drawer. I know that he has a couple fired at him which he been unable to sort his feet out for but I think it would be harsh to judge on that. Also he's just a youngster and should develop, hopefully very quickly.

Having said all that, I've probably just kiboshed the lads career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.