It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t you feel we’ve done that by signing Grealish? We’ve only lost Aguero & Garcia, neither of whom I’d consider are a big loss when you look at what they contributed last season
The thing is, Grealish wasn’t the biggest whole in the squad. I was in favor of getting him, and I think like many people here, we thought someone like Bernardo would be going. But it’s like PSG getting Donnarumma even though they already have Navas, who is a great keeper. No doubt Grealish is a quality player but to strengthen the squad would be to fix holes in DM, LB (especially now!!!) and striker. But the window isn’t over yet! Lol

Cant believe some posters are saying aguero's replacement isn't needed/wasn't a priority because he didn't contribute anything last season. Absolutely deluded.
They aren’t, just what’s a available isn’t better than we have. I may be overstating his ability, it remains to be seen, but I think on the other side what Torres has started to show as a striker is being very under estimated by a lot of people,and he’ll contribute much more than Aguero did last season..

The thing is, Grealish wasn’t the biggest whole in the squad. I was in favor of getting him, and I think like many people here, we thought someone like Bernardo would be going. But it’s like PSG getting Donnarumma even though they already have Navas, who is a great keeper. No doubt Grealish is a quality player but to strengthen the squad would be to fix holes in DM, LB (especially now!!!) and striker. But the window isn’t over yet! Lol
So as things stand, do you think we’re stronger or weaker than last season?

Why’s it a fuck up? How has this season finished? Have we been relegated or something?
Because by not signing a striker and not strengthening the squad, we allow others to close the gap. Just like Khaldoon said in his interview. After last season we needed to go out and show the world they are playing catch up. I reckon the Rags and Chelsea have made a few good signings. I bet they dont feel like we will be fine this year. Everyone in football knows we fucked up this summer. Put everything on Kane. Like we did the year before with Messi. Now we are left going into the season without adequate striking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.