It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league is a funny one. And based on current transfers if we played this season out ten times someone like United have a 1 in 10 chance. Now Van Dijk is back for Liverpool and they haven't been weakened, I'd say a 2 in ten chance purely because they aren't renewing the squad. Chelsea a 3 in ten chance. And us 4 in ten chance. Strikers like Kane and Haaland don't bump us up by much. Just that we might take 5/6 out of ten.

Champs league is the one we really wanted, so for me we need one of Haaland or Mbappe plus a top 3 LB. Maybe Mendes or Hernandez can plug that

Chelsea added one player in a position they needed most, which was different than what we did, and who knows, might add another still. United clearly improved. Liverpool will be stronger naturally compared to last year. PSG. Bayern has a stronger squad too and it will take Nagelsmann a massive fuck up for it not to work. These are basically all of our realistic UCL rivals and even Madrid, which is still light years from what they wanna be, seem to be in a right direction.
Early days, but my initial impressions are Chelsea have a very strong squad and whoever finishes above them will win the League . Utd despite improving their squad still have weaknesses notably DM where neither Fred or McTominay are good enough and goalkeeper would also be a possible area of concern.

As far as City are concerned we have looked good against both Arsenal and Norwich (albeit both those sides were poor), Spurs was disappointing but I will put that down to not being ready. When you consider that we have both KDB and Foden to come back in and I also think Grealish will improve as the season progresses we look strong. We have some very tough games coming up eg Chelsea and Liverpool away and I am just hoping that Torres continues to shine and we can come through these matches unscathed and hopefully undefeated. However, like others I do have concerns that not being able to bring in a striker may hurt us in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.