Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get the logic. If we win the CL tomorrow why would that make some players want to leave the club?

Maybe because they were once an automatic start but don’t get to pull a shirt on in the final?

Say, for instance, that Sterling doesn’t get a run out tomorrow?
There was a time when he played in every game of importance but that’s not a certainty any more and if he doesn’t get a spot and we win it without him then that could be the final straw (see what I did there :-))
Another thought is that we’re presently discussing a contract extension with him. Well given his recent form and the affects of covid on finance it may be the case that he‘s looking at a wage cut, that could be why he hasn’t signed anything yet and that could be another reason why he’d take a hike.

Anyhow, I’m only guessing like everyone else on here but I’m guessing, (perhaps guessing right or perhaps guessing very badly) that Raheem has more that a fair chance of leaving this summer.

Last edited:
I do if im honest. Not those that are happy and dont want to leave anyway. But those that are toying with the idea, it is one of those last hurrah leave on a high, done it all and time to try somewhere else now. Had a similar feelings myself in the non-football world, i'm sure many have too.
If we win CL then we contest super cup and World Club Championship

How many would want to leave knowing this will more than likely be there last chance in these two competitions

Would be a great signing to be honest. He’ll improve City and he would improve any other English side - if he doesn’t leave for City he’ll end up somewhere and why would we want that. It’s a double win. Same for Kane. and two captains... I think it’s a very smart transfer strategy.

What the Villa side have done over the last 3 years has been excellent, and he’s shown he is a leader. Dias has already shown us the impact that leaders have on the rest of the squad.

I dont get the logic. If we win the CL tomorrow why would that make some players want to leave the club?
Not all players will stay 10 years. Some of them may see their time with us as job done and want to experience a new culture etc. Or maybe a few don’t have the drive to continue “running” as Pep would say.

The main reason I think a few will leave is because they don’t want to accept the rotation policy for a further season.Laporte/ sterling both think they should be starting each week and have aired their discontent.

Maybe because they were once an automatic start but don’t get to pull a shirt on in the final?

Say, for instance, that Sterling doesn’t get a run out tomorrow?
There was a time when he played in every game of importance but that’s not a certainty any more and if he doesn’t get a spot and we win it without him then that could be the final straw (see what I did there :-))
Another thought is that we’re presently discussing a contract extension with him. Well given his recent form and the affects of covid on finance it may be the case that he‘s looking at a wage cut, that could be why he hasn’t signed anything yet and that could be another reason why he’d take a hike.

Anyhow, I’m only guessing like everyone else on here but I’m guessing, (perhaps guessing right or perhaps guessing very badly) that Raheem has more that a fair chance of leaving this summer.
I hope you’re right!

I feel Raz wants to leave. Or is playing out he wants to leave as part of his contract negotiations. B.silva and Gundo may well be having a think about it too. Mahrez may well have earlier in the season. So Pep is right to publicly challenge that and sit with them at the end of the season and see where they are at going into the next one.

One player that seems to never want to leave, is Zinch.
Zinny loves it here and more than proved his worth to Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.