Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need this guy more than we need Haaland or Kane..

Midfield is the TOP priority

Is that sarcasm? I'd love Grealish but midfield absolutely isn't the priority over a striker...

After this season, we'll have one number 9 who is allergic to confidence in front of goal.

Is that sarcasm? I'd love Grealish but midfield absolutely isn't the priority over a striker...

After this season, we'll have one number 9 who is allergic to confidence in front of goal.
Well that’s a oxymoron, I think Jesus is doing well this season tbh, a sustained run in the team would help with his confidence

Fernandinho probably is going..

So we have Gundogan (31) Debruyne (30) Bernardo and Rodri as a midfielders.

Considering injuries Gundogan and Debruyne had during the last years - it means that midfield area is the most vulnerable zone. Not mentioning the problem - which made pep to start with Bernardo-Gundogan-Debruyne yesterday and sacrificing Sterling to make sure that ball possession and tempo was OK..

And number 9 isn't that vulnerable. Aguero has been missing for whole season and the results are perfect, number of goals team has scored is amazing.. Pep mentioned that he has Jesus, Torress who played their in the first half of the season and showed some good qualities, Delap from the academy - great talent, Sterling - Bernardo - Mahrez and plenty of players who he has used there from time to time.. So Attacking area is well-covered.

Midfield needs improvement and new blood.. Grealish is the perfect candidate for that.

Fernandinho probably is going..

So we have Gundogan (31) Debruyne (30) Bernardo and Rodri as a midfielders.

Considering injuries Gundogan and Debruyne had during the last years - it means that midfield area is the most vulnerable zone. Not mentioning the problem - which made pep to start with Bernardo-Gundogan-Debruyne yesterday and sacrificing Sterling to make sure that ball possession and tempo was OK..

And number 9 isn't that vulnerable. Aguero has been missing for whole season and the results are perfect, number of goals team has scored is amazing.. Pep mentioned that he has Jesus, Torress who played their in the first half of the season and showed some good qualities, Delap from the academy - great talent, Sterling - Bernardo - Mahrez and plenty of players who he has used there from time to time.. So Attacking area is well-covered.

Midfield needs improvement and new blood.. Grealish is the perfect candidate for that.

Fair points but just because we've been doing well without a recognised 9 doesn't mean, IMO, that we shouldn't be prioritising one.

Despite doing so well, we still miss countless opportunities which - as last night nearly proved - can be costly in the big competitions. Dortmund had two real chances and scored one (ironically it was the guy I'm vouching for who missed the other).

The thing is, like you proved above, a lot of our players are versatile but scoring goals is so important that I wouldn't fancy relying on Bernardo/Mahrez/Torres/Sterling to finish a chance first-time round. Midfield-wise we have Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Bernardo, Foden can play there, Fernandinho (or his replacement), Doyle, Zinchenko has stepped in a couple of times, Cancelo plays there pretty much aside from a few games.

This is coming from a guy who would love to see Grealish come in, he'd be unbelievable for us IMO, but personally feel, priority-wise, that we need a striker first.

Well that’s a oxymoron, I think Jesus is doing well this season tbh, a sustained run in the team would help with his confidence

I like Jesus but he's been here 4 years now and despite having a brilliant record, he's just not clinical. Or hasn't shown that he is yet.

I personally wouldn't be too pleased with him being our main reliance on goals in the same way we've relied on Aguero for 10 years.

Not sure how Grealish is going to help that. He's an attacking midfielder and we'll still be stocked with them come next season.

If Dinho goes, absolutely we need a new athletic DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.