Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his figures would improve at City. I'm risking egg on my face here, but I'd wager Mahrez's very underrated 19/20 creative stats match up favourably to Grealish's of last season. Also, Mahrez's underlying stats of that season were better than any of his Leicester years.

So if Leicester's creative hub can improve at City, why can't Villa's, especially when you consider he'd presumably play as the right-footed equivalent?

Beating a man is most important skill and hardest in football, hence the money these players go for.

The figures Sancho has put up for Dortmund for his age are very impressive. I wouldn’t read too much in to what people say here on that, I think most people can see he’s a very good signing and a pretty fair price.

The price for Grealish is higher because Villa do not want to sell. No doubt we could probably get a deal similar to United if he agrees to stay another season, if they then agree to sell the next.

However, City want him this season and for good reason. The guy is class and everyone should be able to see that.

It’s as obvious as Van Dijk was despite moving at a later age. Grealish is the same and if he moved to us, I think Kevin, Dias and Grealish will be 3 of our most important players.

As to the Foden comparison, Foden is pure class as well and I believe will become a City great. However, I would say as of now Grealish is the better of the 2 (although fairly close). I just expect the move and team will help Grealish move up an extra level.

Only my opinion, but would definitely be the signing I think would be most exciting.
Haha Adama traore.
Well I don’t agree, scoring goals is the most important thing for me at least, for a forward we want to make the most expensive PL transfer.

Even getting Grealish for the same price as Sancho is worse business as Sancho is 4 years younger, actually plays for a big club with expectations and has numbers Grealish dreams about.
Why do you have to add grealish in that group? He has literally done nothing for us yet, you are just making baseless claims. Grealish has never in his career put up world class numbers as a forward so I don’t know why you are saying he would be one of our most important players. Why are you not mentioning Sterling as one of our most important players ?

Last edited:
Well I don’t agree, scoring goals is the most important thing for me.

Even getting Grealish for the same price as Sancho is worse business as Sancho is 4 years younger, actually plays for a big club with expectations and has numbers Grealish dreams about.
Why do you have to add grealish in that group? He has literally done nothing for us yet, you are just making baseless claims. Grealish has never in his career put up world class numbers as a forward so I don’t know why you are saying he would be one of our most important players. Why are you not mentioning Sterling as one of our most important players ?
Wasn't with David Silva, and isn't really with KDB.

I don't think people are managing to grasp that great ball retention and hanging onto the ball too long are two different things altogether.
Not saying I agree that any player is guilty of one or the other btw, just that they don't mean the same thing.
When it comes to watching the comings and goings in the Bluemoon Grealish transfer forum, I truly believe that I have great thread retention, but also feel like I have been hanging onto the thread too long!! :/

He already is one of the most productive attackers in the league, I can't see him improving on his figures for you this coming season. However, unless he does sign a new contract, then he'll be 1 year closer to the end of the current one. Hence the fee would be lower, it's how it works.
There would still be three years on the deal. The real pressure for Villa to sell would come in the summer of 2023; the length of the current contract means Villa hold all the power in any deal that might be done this summer. The problem for you is you are going after two players who have locked themselves into comparably lengthy contracts. There's no way Grealish can run two or more years of his contract down by underperforming or sulking, not that I think he would. This strikes me as an impossible deal for City to manage.

When it comes to watching the comings and goings in the Bluemoon Grealish transfer forum, I truly believe that I have great thread retention, but also feel like I have been hanging onto the thread too long!! :/
I will have to check out your stats to make sure they are up there with the best on bluemoon before I make my judgement on the quality of your post.

To end speculation!

We have had both Spanish clubs come after Aguero we shut them down! If Villa have top wealthy owners they could do the same..

To stop 'footballinsider' and talksh*te speculating? Really? You think that would do the trick? :-)

I think you're making Villa's non-comment something it isn't, tbh.

I
There would still be three years on the deal. The real pressure for Villa to sell would come in the summer of 2023; the length of the current contract means Villa hold all the power in any deal that might be done this summer. The problem for you is you are going after two players who have locked themselves into comparably lengthy contracts. There's no way Grealish can run two or more years of his contract down by underperforming or sulking, not that I think he would. This strikes me as an impossible deal for City to manage

To stop 'footballinsider' and talksh*te speculating? Really? You think that would do the trick? :-)

I think you're making Villa's non-comment something it isn't, tbh.
Particularly as a public statement can often be seen as suspicious - it would probably simply invite further speculation. The other thing is that Grealish obviously has a price. Our owners aren't going to turn down £150 million if someone is silly enough to pay that. The club now keeps very quiet on incoming and outgoing transfers which is the best way to operate

I didn't mention his achievements as far as trophies but the fact he's one of the most important players at the age of 20 (just turned 21) in a team many regard as one of the best in Europe.

I think Grealish would be viewed the same by your fans, too, albeit he's not 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.