Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of folks here want to cling onto some kind of rivalry between our clubs, as indicative of the ''likes'' here. United fans I know from the 80's do not care. There is no rivalry. It's a fiber glass rivalry, it's allowed to pilfer and foment on match days, but for the rest of the year Manchester has become a hub of cosmopolitan globalism. Anyone that experienced any kind of rivalry are refugees in different counties now. When I hear our fans talk about ''we''. We are not part of our clubs. That was proven during the pandemic when both of our clubs had rocketed revenues and net gains. It doesn't matter anymore. Of course I appreciate the novelty of us vs them. It doesn't work like that anymore. Football has become pro-wrestling. I hold no grudge against my neighbor. Red or Sky Blue. I'll probably sign off with this post. When we're being told to obey by the state, and to watch our teles with our sky subscriptions, I can't help but feel like our ''rivalry'' is being manipulated to distract us from the real problems.

Last edited:
I know a lot of folks here want to cling onto some kind of rivalry between our clubs, as indicative of the ''likes'' here. United fans I know from the 80's do not care. There is no rivalry. It's a fiber glass rivalry, it's allowed to pilfer and foment on match days, but for the rest of the year Manchester has become a hub of cosmopolitan globalism. Anyone that experienced any kind of rivalry are refugees in different counties now. When I hear our fans talk about ''we''. We are not part of our clubs. That was proven during the pandemic when both of our clubs had rocketed revenues and net gains. It doesn't matter anymore. Of course I appreciate the novelty of us vs them. It doesn't work like that anymore. Football has become pro-wrestling. I hold no grudge against my neighbor. Red or Sky Blue. I'll probably sign off with this post. When we're being told to obey by the state, and to watch our teles with our sky subscriptions, I can't help but feel like our ''rivalry'' is being manipulated to distract us from the real problems.
Nah mate, rag fuckers will always be rag fuckers. I pray you get relegated every year just for shits and giggles.

As Le Tissier has been brought up... Were any other top sides in for him other than Chelsea?

My memory is a pretty faded on what his overall ability was that I wonder if he was actually all that. His legacy is basically that he stayed with Southampton his whole career and scored lots and lots of goal of the season contenders.
My memory is that besides the moments of genius (which he consistently produced once or twice each game) he was a pretty slow/lazy player. Doubt the was a motd goal of the month competition during the 90's that didn't contain at least one of his goals though. Not sure if there was interest from other clubs, but he stayed at saints because it was the only prem club within commuting distance of his channel Islands home iirc.

Take a chill pill ;)

What's this bollocks? A deadline or Jack signs a new deal? What absolute horse shit.

Exactly, what a nice round answer that says nothing. The guy should be a politician. "Yes but no but, eventually." I could become a football knowitall with shite like that.

As Le Tissier has been brought up... Were any other top sides in for him other than Chelsea?

My memory is a pretty faded on what his overall ability was that I wonder if he was actually all that. His legacy is basically that he stayed with Southampton his whole career and scored lots and lots of goal of the season contenders.
Le Tissier for me was a great match of the day player, in a 10 minute highlight reel he looked good, did moments of sheer brilliance then could go MIA for weeks.

For me the type of player that would not have lasted in todays football, where natural talent alone is not enough, dedication, sacrifice and pure hard work is essential.

I’ve got quite a few united fan mates who all of a sudden don’t love or follow football as much. Nothing to do with their team no longer being the dominate force and competing for the top trophies anymore. Funny that. You seem decent enough. Not your standard gobshite and know your stuff, United have made two good signings and bang you’re on a rival teams forum. That fire is back in your belly. Enjoy it, until about January time when it comes crashing down again.

Le Tissier for me was a great match of the day player, in a 10 minute highlight reel he looked good, did moments of sheer brilliance then could go MIA for weeks.

For me the type of player that would not have lasted in todays football, where natural talent alone is not enough, dedication, sacrifice and pure hard work is essential.
Different times, if he was about now and had to be dedicated and train hard imagine how good he would have been

Agreed but he is the type of guy who may not have the dedication.
Hard to say, quite a few during that era who with the right management, dedication and training would have been even better than they was. Some may have not made it, some would have been class I imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.