Jack Rodwell

I don't post very often, but the quick to slag players off attitude on here's has prompted me.

When we signed him I recall David Platt saying the Jack was a player Bobby & the staff had been looking at for the past couple of years. It wasn't the intention to buy him this summer & they were monitoring his progress, however the opportunity came up to buy him & they decided to get him now rather then lose him.

In regards to his injury, given the squad we have we can afford for him to take this time out & get him fully recovered without rushing him back, where as at Everton my impression is as soon as he was 70-80% fit they had him on the bench or playing, risking further damage. Given the facilities we have (Sports science etc...) & our record of avoiding injuries (last season we had the fewest injuries in the league!) if anyone can get him right it's us.

Lets trust that the club know what there doing, Jack has been signed for the future (hence the 5 year contract), & if he played much this year was always a bonus. I think it helped he was English for the squad quota.

Lets stop looking at the short term all the time & remember some decisions are being taking for 2-3 years down the line!

daveyboybluemoon said:
I don't post very often, but the quick to slag players off attitude on here's has prompted me.

When we signed him I recall David Platt saying the Jack was a player Bobby & the staff had been looking at for the past couple of years. It wasn't the intention to buy him this summer & they were monitoring his progress, however the opportunity came up to buy him & they decided to get him now rather then lose him.

In regards to his injury, given the squad we have we can afford for him to take this time out & get him fully recovered without rushing him back, where as at Everton my impression is as soon as he was 70-80% fit they had him on the bench or playing, risking further damage. Given the facilities we have (Sports science etc...) & our record of avoiding injuries (last season we had the fewest injuries in the league!) if anyone can get him right it's us.

Lets trust that the club know what there doing, Jack has been signed for the future (hence the 5 year contract), & if he played much this year was always a bonus. I think it helped he was English for the squad quota.

Lets stop looking at the short term all the time & remember some decisions are being taking for 2-3 years down the line!

I like this post!

daveyboybluemoon said:

Excellent post!

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
daveyboybluemoon said:

I like this post!

I don't , in fact it's bollocks. I've nothing against rodwell but he isn't good enough for Manchester city, his two errors cost us two cups. Then factor in his injury record and it smacks of a desperation signing.

de niro said:
AlexWilliamsGloves said:
daveyboybluemoon said:

I like this post!

I don't , in fact it's bollocks. I've nothing against rodwell but he isn't good enough for Manchester city, his two errors cost us two cups. Then factor in his injury record and it smacks of a desperation signing.

I love this forum :)

de niro said:
I don't , in fact it's bollocks. I've nothing against rodwell but he isn't good enough for Manchester city, his two errors cost us two cups.

Harsh. Young players make mistakes - it happens, I doubt you'll find any who haven't. Rodwell has a lot of talent, I would loan him out though as at least half of the Premier League clubs would play him every week (again, if he can stay fit).

remoh said:
Lavinda Past said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I agree.

Complete fuck up and if anything costs us the league this year it can be traced back to this.

Javi Garcia will come good this season and Maicon is a good 'cover' player to have in the squad.

Rodwell has been unlucky with injuries - If he can get a decent injury-free spell, he'll be OK, but will never be worth the money we paid for him.

The worst signing of the summer was Sinclair - The guy is arse with a capital ARSE. I wouldn't be surprised if we sell him in this window. His missus is probably a better player than him.We will still win the league this year.

Believe

Seems a bit harsh to me. Some players need a regular run to bed in and Sinclair's not had one; he's not had much service, either, with us not being a winger-style team.
Bscause we are a team with high expectations, it seems that we can't afford the time to allow new players to build up.

Shame really.

You have to have faith in your own ability ...... even when you join a club of high expectation

i liken Scott Sinclair to Antonio Valencia over at the Swamp , both were leading lights at lesser clubs , and both came from the frying pan into the fire .... yet almost instantly Valencia started to make a growing impression , whereas so far , Sinclair has shown so little in the game-time that he has had.

It's up to the player himself really ..... he has to force his way into the managers thoughts by making an impression out on the pitch , and he has to do that in whatever game time he's given .... Adam Johnson just didn't do enough of it , and as he soon found out , this club won't carry passengers anymore for long.

Rodwell was never bought to make the instant impact,he's 21 and as we know has a shocking niggly injury record,however,as the above poster rightly states,he will recover from these and prove he has the quality we have fleetingy witnessed previous.

He has all the attributes to be a complete midfield powerhouse.

Garcia was the man signed to do a job this season.

LoveCity said:
de niro said:
I don't , in fact it's bollocks. I've nothing against rodwell but he isn't good enough for Manchester city, his two errors cost us two cups.

Harsh. Young players make mistakes - it happens, I doubt you'll find any who haven't. Rodwell has a lot of talent, I would loan him out though as at least half of the Premier League clubs would play him every week (again, if he can stay fit).

Course they do, except he's been around the prem a while now.
It's not his fault we bought him, either bob or marwood or both fucked up that window good and proper.

bluwes said:
de niro said:
AlexWilliamsGloves said:
I like this post!

I love this forum :)

The fact we was tracking him for over 2 years I think says it wasn't desperation we just decided to do the deal 12 months earlier so we could develop him at our own pace rather than Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.