James McAtee

But I wasn’t suggesting that they should be with our first team, I was pointing out that sticking around whilst they could have been on loan didn’t really do they any favours. Just look at Mount, Gallagher and James at Chelsea - all went on loan at 18 and are all now England internationals and PL regulars.
I'm not sure your post makes any sense. If they'd gone on loan and not played how is that better than training with our first team and not playing? There's no guarantees that they'd play more on loan than they will here, as shown by your own examples.

Felix Nmecha wasn't going to make it here regardless, he's far too inconsistent and he can't use his physique in the mens game like he could against youth teams.

But I wasn’t suggesting that they should be with our first team, I was pointing out that sticking around whilst they could have been on loan didn’t really do they any favours. Just look at Mount, Gallagher and James at Chelsea - all went on loan at 18 and are all now England internationals and PL regulars.
Those 3 are a very small percentage of the numerous players Chelsea have had out on loan and how many Chelsea PL match day squads/teams did they appear on at James' age. There is too much we don't know about to make comparisons. Each player will be put on a path that City believe is best for club and player, sometimes the player and/or his advisers may not see it the same way and we as supporters have to accept that reality, if it happens.

I'm not sure your post makes any sense. If they'd gone on loan and not played how is that better than training with our first team and not playing? There's no guarantees that they'd play more on loan than they will here, as shown by your own examples.

Felix Nmecha wasn't going to make it here regardless, he's far too inconsistent and he can't use his physique in the mens game like he could against youth teams.

My point was fairly straightforward - unless McAtee is going to get minutes here in the second half of the season then I think a loan would be best as I don’t think just hanging around and training with the first team is enough.

Said it earlier, but he needs a loan move. He isn’t going to play for us this season. Not enough anyway to develop

last night was so disappointing. Game that meant nothing and still didn’t play him
I'd imagine Foden being subbed and Walker walking, together with Leipzig being ahead, impacted substantially on Pep's use of the youngsters.

Can't imagine Foden treatment into first team integration also cause an uproar in here, this place must be very calm when Pep didn't play much Foden in his first season for the first team.

Can't imagine Foden treatment into first team integration also cause an uproar in here, this place must be very calm when Pep didn't play much Foden in his first season for the first team.

Foden first got on City's bench as a 16 year old. Very different ages / expectations.

McAtee needs to play as a 19 year old.

Foden first got on City's bench as a 16 year old. Very different ages / expectations.

McAtee needs to play as a 19 year old.

If generational talent like Foden is being treated like that then what about others?

Pep treats all of them same no matter what their potential, so many already grabbing their pitchfork on why Pep didn't start any youngster last match. The truth is we truly don't know what Pep truly feels about these youngster potential and probably have different opinion compared what others in BM forum and how they should be integrated.

Pep advantage compared the other's in this forum, That he can see their status and progress every single day and can form his own thought and judgement whether these youngster is ready or not for the match. Pep standards is very high and will not easily give them an handsout if he thinks that they aren't still good enough to be a starter.

There will be a time for them to have occasional surprise to be a starter just like Palmer did vs Everton in this season, we have to be just patient and let the professionals handle these youngster.

Last edited:
McAtee when he turned 19: 1 appearance
Foden when he turned 19: 36 appearances, 7 goals

McAtee when he turned 19: 1 appearance
Foden when he turned 19: 36 appearances, 7 goals
I think the fact Foden played about 300 mins all season with the 1st team when he got his callup at first rather than by age/games, would have seen the same meltdown as with McAtee.

Foden first season 328 minutes (1st Team) and the rest in the EDS
Palmer first season 314 minutes (1st Team) and the rest in the EDS

McAtee has been moved up quicker than planned due to the contract situation as well (I think the plan was he was inline for the above next season).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.