Jarrad Branthwaite

He can defend for Dyche, but so could Tarkowski, Keane and Mee. Can he play football? I'm not sure. Not to the extent that Pep would want anyway.

All of our defenders have to be good on the ball, have to be good 1v1 in wide areas and have to be able to bring the ball forward. Under Pep, this is becoming more and more important, to the point where I feel Dias often looks a little uncomfortable. Maybe Branthwaite could develop, but for the prices quoted you'd expect the finished article.

If Pep wasnt manager, maybe he'd be a better fit, but at the moment I'm not fussed. If we want a defender we'll find someone who suits us, I'm sure.

He can defend for Dyche, but so could Tarkowski, Keane and Mee. Can he play football? I'm not sure. Not to the extent that Pep would want anyway.

All of our defenders have to be good on the ball, have to be good 1v1 in wide areas and have to be able to bring the ball forward. Under Pep, this is becoming more and more important, to the point where I feel Dias often looks a little uncomfortable. Maybe Branthwaite could develop, but for the prices quoted you'd expect the finished article.

If Pep wasnt manager, maybe he'd be a better fit, but at the moment I'm not fussed. If we want a defender we'll find someone who suits us, I'm sure.
That is similar to me, but i do believe Pep is leaving next year, i might be wrong? So i think we need to build ready for that change.

If that were so Everton would be claiming tapping up, plus he would have agreed to sign for a mid table club without a European place.
Everton could have already agreed the deal and allowed him to speak to them. The window is purely for ratifying any deals, nothing happens in a vacuum.

Disagree.

As much as I love Stones.. his injuries are getting in the way of him being reliable. Sooner or later the club will choose to go a different route.
Don't know about 3 years but as far as I can see we have no intention of buying one this summer. If we do change manager in the next year or two and go back to convetional full backs then we probably wouldn't need one for 3 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.