Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

Mr. Aguia said:
BigOscar said:
^I think the "flick on by a midget" you are thinking of was against CSKA. The midget in question isn't actually a midget, it was Honda, who is only perceived to be a midget because he's Japanese, he's actually only about an inch shorter than Garcia.

More than an inch shorter. Garcia is 6' 1" and Honda is 5' 8"

Nope Honda is 6' (1.82 m) and that was Garcia's only major fuck up in his entire City career.

Cobwebcat said:
To me his only strength is he is always available for a pass and he knows what he wants to do before he receives it.

Its funny how you describe his strength.

To me that strength is the most important any footballer can have. If you keep the ball everything else in football is irrelevant.

Lancet Fluke said:
Rascal said:
If you keep the ball everything else in football is irrelevant.

That sounds incredibly profound but is absolute bollocks.

Yes to you probably.

But then the simplicity of the statement probably overwhelms you.

If you keep the ball you cannot concede, how is that bollocks?

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:
Actually doesnt matter how tall the guy was as a garcia didn't jump.
Sure it does. You called him a midget. It's illustration of your bias altering your analysis.

Of course why didn't I see it...I'm biased....Garcia IS a great player after all. Phew.
Useful squad player I would say.

It's okay to have a fact wrong, you know? No real harm in it. You make some sweeping claims and they tend to be rather overstated.

Rascal said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Rascal said:

Yes to you probably.

Because the goal of a football match isn't to not concede, but to win. To say that "everything else in football is irrelevant" is ridiculous

Rascal said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Rascal said:

Yes to you probably.

It was the stupidity of the statement that overwhelmed me more than the simplicity.

Rascal said:
Cobwebcat said:
To me his only strength is he is always available for a pass and he knows what he wants to do before he receives it.

Its funny how you describe his strength.

To me that strength is the most important any footballer can have. If you keep the ball everything else in football is irrelevant.

And I agree that this is a very good strength, and when I read the comment I thought "Yea I s'pose Garcia does do that, fair enough". However, after thinking about it for 2 seconds I can't help but feel that in reality he, and everyone else in the world watching, knows exactly where the ball is going to go only because his play is so incredibly predictable that you can pretty much bet your arse that it will be going sideways or backwards at the same or slower pace than it came to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.