Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

BigOscar said:
^I think the "flick on by a midget" you are thinking of was against CSKA. The midget in question isn't actually a midget, it was Honda, who is only perceived to be a midget because he's Japanese, he's actually only about an inch shorter than Garcia.
6'1" right?

BigOscar said:
^I think the "flick on by a midget" you are thinking of was against CSKA. The midget in question isn't actually a midget, it was Honda, who is only perceived to be a midget because he's Japanese, he's actually only about an inch shorter than Garcia.

Don't let a fact get in the way of a good moan

Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
I'm a huge stat geek and your stats do influence me to think again. Then I see him play and I cringe. It's weird they just don't seem to match up. The bottom line is his lack of pace and tackling ability make me very nervous.

See that's interesting because they're flaws I'm aware of but that I don't rate as too much of a concern because I think he's good in possession, great in the air and tactically astute, I think that with what I've seen with my own eyes too.

Which in one of very few times in this thread represents a reasoned argument for and a reasoned argument against.

To me his only strength is he is always available for a pass and he knows what he wants to do before he receives it. He's ok in the air but he was beaten by a midget for a flick on that resulted in a goal...Cardiff I think. If he gets closed down he panics and is knocked off the ball very easily for a big bloke. Tactically I think he cuts out a lot of passes the opposition would otherwise make but he contributes nothing going forward. It's when we haven't got the ball that he's a worry mainly. To me his negatives far outweigh his positives.

When NDJ was on the pitch I felt safe. With Garcia I'm watching through my hands. Even coming on at 5-0 for 15 minutes he was all over the place didn't you think? Same goes for when he came on against United.

I'd be astonished if he is still here next season unless he improves his overall game.

Another annoying thing is he always seems to be in every training video!

Didn't see much wrong with him against Spurs or much right. He is really good in the air that's one flick he lost against a six foot surprisingly strong guy in Honda. I think the way he opens up our passing options but limits the opposition's is an invaluable quality. I don't think he panics at all his passing is incredibly reliable.

When he came on against Real last year at home he shut them down and his last two performances against Chelsea have been very solid. With a hardworking partner he's always looked fine to me.

Genuinely believe he's a good player when not completely exposed. If he does leave for Napoli I hope he can prove he belongs at this level.

taconinja said:
BigOscar said:
6'1" right?

Actually doesnt matter how tall the guy was as a garcia didn't jump.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:46 pm --<br /><br />
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
NQCitizen said:
See that's interesting because they're flaws I'm aware of but that I don't rate as too much of a concern because I think he's good in possession, great in the air and tactically astute, I think that with what I've seen with my own eyes too.

Which in one of very few times in this thread represents a reasoned argument for and a reasoned argument against.

To me his only strength is he is always available for a pass and he knows what he wants to do before he receives it. He's ok in the air but he was beaten by a midget for a flick on that resulted in a goal...Cardiff I think. If he gets closed down he panics and is knocked off the ball very easily for a big bloke. Tactically I think he cuts out a lot of passes the opposition would otherwise make but he contributes nothing going forward. It's when we haven't got the ball that he's a worry mainly. To me his negatives far outweigh his positives.

When NDJ was on the pitch I felt safe. With Garcia I'm watching through my hands. Even coming on at 5-0 for 15 minutes he was all over the place didn't you think? Same goes for when he came on against United.

I'd be astonished if he is still here next season unless he improves his overall game.

Didn't see much wrong with him against Spurs or much right. He is really good in the air that's one flick he lost against a six foot surprisingly strong guy in Honda. I think the way he opens up our passing options but limits the opposition's is an invaluable quality. I don't think he panics at all his passing is incredibly reliable.

When he came on against Real last year at home he shut them down and his last two performances against Chelsea have been very solid. With a hardworking partner he's always looked fine to me.

Genuinely believe he's a good player when not completely exposed. If he does leave for Napoli I hope he can prove he belongs at this level.

Napoli eh....swap for Hamsik ;-)

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
BigOscar said:
6'1" right?

Actually doesnt matter how tall the guy was as a garcia didn't jump.
Sure it does. You called him a midget. It's illustration of your bias altering your analysis.

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
BigOscar said:
6'1" right?

-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:46 pm --

NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:

That's actually the first thing I suggested when I read it.

But now one name even moreso springs to mind, solving the whole issue - Inler.

taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
6'1" right?

Sure it does. You called him a midget. It's illustration of your bias altering your analysis.

Of course why didn't I see it...I'm biased....Garcia IS a great player after all. Phew.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 pm --<br /><br />
NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
6'1" right?

NQCitizen said:

Maybe. He's 29 though. I'd like to get a younger guy if possible.

Cobwebcat said:
taconinja said:
Cobwebcat said:

Of course why didn't I see it...I'm biased....Garcia IS a great player after all. Phew.

-- Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:47 pm --

NQCitizen said:
Cobwebcat said:

Maybe. He's 29 though. I'd like to get a younger guy if possible.

Hopefully that'd make him more accommodating to a squad role in a final couple of years vying for big trophies and also cheaper.

Be really happy to have Garcia at Napoli if he goes, I love Napoli.

BigOscar said:

More than an inch shorter. Garcia is 6' 1" and Honda is 5' 8"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.