Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
Dr Jacoby said:
The antithesis of what makes a quality defensive midfielder. Baffling we loaned out Barry when you consider who we have instead.

Yet does well away to Bayern.

An antithesis who can pass, cover and dominate in the air? No idea what the archetype would be then.
I think the good doctor is referring to tackling on the ground like our old pal NDJ (he was pretty good in the air too (; ) but looking at a couple of reds handed out over the last 5-6 years, I think that's on the way out of the game unfortunately.

aguero93:20 said:
NQCitizen said:
Dr Jacoby said:
The antithesis of what makes a quality defensive midfielder. Baffling we loaned out Barry when you consider who we have instead.

An antithesis who can pass, cover and dominate in the air? No idea what the archetype would be then.
I think the good doctor is referring to tackling on the ground like our old pal NDJ (he was pretty good in the air too (; ) but looking at a couple of reds handed out over the last 5-6 years, I think that's on the way out of the game unfortunately.

So if the game is moving toward players not being able to tackle opponents, Javi Garcia is way before his time.

The Flash said:
aguero93:20 said:
NQCitizen said:

So if the game is moving toward players not being able to tackle opponents, Javi Garcia is way before his time.
It is, look at some of the reds Vinny got, even when his tackles were clean, it's worse in the cl too, some of the south European refs pull out a red for nearly every sliding tackle, you're better off staying on your feet nowadays, pity that.

NQCitizen said:
Dr Jacoby said:

I thought he was awful in the first half v Bayern. One of is worst displays. OK last 30 mins.

Am sure he's a lovely bloke, just doesn't seem good enough at the level we're playing at. No problem with Kolarov, Dzeko et al, only Garcia seems to me to be substandard and I'd rather the club played a younger squad member instead of him, couldn't do any worse.

PaleBlue said:
Am sure he's a lovely bloke, just doesn't seem good enough at the level we're playing at. No problem with Kolarov, Dzeko et al, only Garcia seems to me to be substandard and I'd rather the club played a younger squad member instead of him, couldn't do any worse.

Every time he plays next to Rodwell he looks better than him to me. I doubt there's better players than those two just hanging about in the EDS, as much as I rate Huws and Evans its probably best they're not starting against Chelsea and Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.